will be there in june

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weekend rider

Reaction score
Hello', i need a little help cause I am unsure about how the weather is duruing the early part of June. I will be leaving Fort Bragg heading for Oregon City, Oregon to get some susopension work done. After that I will be heading to Mt. St. Helens and continue up to Fjrgoodies to get a set of tires put on. Then I will be touring some more of your state as well as part of Idaho and Back through Oregon than back to California.

My Question is which gear would be best to take? Mesh gear with liners or winter pants and jacket and remove liners when needed? I all ways carry my rain suit and will be moteling it.

I will be on an 05 fjr, depart date 6-10-07

any info that is relavent would be great as well as some fun answers thanks

weekend rider :) :D

Oregon City will be tapering off rain for sure in the summer months and probably in the 70's mostly...and you could get 90's in the high and dry at DVP in June. The evenings are cool...and make great wine grapes. These are areas that are low elevation.

It's the traveling to get to the PNW and side trips that will take you mountains and things will get dang cold....especially at night.

Living only 30 miles from Prosser I have the luxury of packing light if I go off for a weekend and know the forecast, but if I were traveling here I'd be prepared for the warmest it has to offer which is 100's in the mid-summer and coldest of sub-freezing over mountain passes at night.

In fact, here's a write-up I did on clothing with an outfit that covers those extremes.

Early June sounds like in a few weeks. It is 40 degrees here this AM. I would most likely wear my regular (winter) textile jacket and maybe have the liner packed just in case a mountain pass or early morning is cold. If it gets really warm put on a wicking type (bicycleing) shirt on under jacket and open jacket vents. My .02 is it is a bit early for mesh only.

Gresham (15-20 minutes north of Oregon City) is looking at sunny and mid-upper 90s this week. An unusual early season heat wave, but you never know. Best to pack both winter and summer gear if you have the room...

Jeff

Gresham (15-20 minutes north of Oregon City) is looking at sunny and mid-upper 90s this week. An unusual early season heat wave, but you never know. Best to pack both winter and summer gear if you have the room...
Jeff
Jeff, its definitely time to get out the mesh gear, going to be hot this summer I think.

Bill

Hey Weekend, what are you having done? I assume its at GP Suspension, great guys and know their shit.

650cents: I will be there June 11th. The work that I am having done is Rear shock-penske, and spring, front forks completely redone, revalve, springs, oil, what ever all in cluded. It is a little spendy but should handle like a dream.

I will be at there shop all day waiting and watching while they work on my bike. So I have a day to kill. Than it of to Desert Valley Sports to get new tires and new bearing for the stering head (tappered) . than I get to tour in three great states with awesome riding and scenery.

When the bike is finished and I am heading down the road I should look like this :D and enjoying every minute while on this ride..

weekend rider :) :D

I am going to ride with my mesh gearn not enough room for both. If this gear is wrong for this time of year pleas post up and I will check back later thanks

I am going to ride with my mesh gearn not enough room for both. If this gear is wrong for this time of year pleas post up and I will check back later thanks

My .02 cents.

You will be riding in June. Regular gear in Oregon, Washington and Idaho should be fine. Look for temps in Western Oregon around 70 and east of the mountains around 80, and maybe 90, it happens. Mornings and evenings should run as low as 50-55. Normally these temps are perfect for me with my fabrics and leather pants. The mountains usually run about 5-10 degrees lower. I have left the house on our usual mid June vacation and headed over Mt. St. Helens and dam near froze, then finished the day in the 90's. When it goes over 90 I just wrap a wet cotton tea towel around my neck and feel as cool as can be.

If it was July or August, I would say the mesh would be a good choice with no mesh on the legs as it can get a little hot down there.

Hope you have fun riding around our neighborhood. Check out these sites for roads to pick or if you have already picked the roads, check them out anyway.

https://motorcyclingpnw.com

https://roadsnw.com/

https://oregonmotorcyclist.com/

Ken