Windscreen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnCaged

Reaction score
Just for fun I removed my windscreen today. I wanted to see 2 things, 1- if my cooling Vest would work better with the increased airflow, 2-to get an idea of what it will be like with the Ceebailey's 23x9 Concave shield I'm gonna order will be like.

1st with my Joe Rocket cooling vest on, the extra air flow was great, it works ok with the shield on, but works way better with it off!

I also found out that about 80% of the noise you get on the FJR is from the air coming off the windshield.

So I'm pretty sure the new Sport shield will work great. :D

I don't know if anyone cares or not, But thought I would share anyway! :D

UnCaged

Yea, I've thought about going no-shield just for a test. Have to try it next time I get a few minutes.

I used a Cee Bailey with a flip for a year but found that I was getting too much turbulence noise. This year I switched to a Rifle with the tuning block. On my trip to the MotoGP races at Laguna Seca two weeks ago I spent quite a bit of time with the windshield in the lowest position and got a lot of clean, smooth air. It was just great.

I've used the littlest Cee Bailey's screen in the summer since 2003. Makes the blast furnace down right rideable in all but the most miserable conditions. I use the stock '03 winshield with a laminar lip for 3 seasons and the concave Cee Bailey in the summer.