Winter NW BBQ Get Together Portland Area

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2osx

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I hope that everybody is surviving the winter ok. I was able to ride the FJR today to work for the first time in a couple of months.

Anyway, we need to do our winter get together again. I found a place (going to talk to them on Sunday) in Vancouver that I heard was pretty good. It is called Rib City @ 14415 SE Mill Plain Blvd., Suite 117B, Vancouver, WA. https://www.ribcity.com/

I am thinking about making it around 1pm again to make it a little easier for the out of towners. Any other thoughts?

Speed Safely,

Carl

I had to vote for the pretty option because nobody would believe it. Pick a date that works for most and I'll be there.

I'm iup for a good meal. Earlier is better, but I can't calculate much after the first of Feburary. I am working on surgery of a little problem that developed in my esophagus, cancer. I'm working on getting surgery asap. We will see, and I will let you all know.

Crap, long way from Sahuarita for BBQ. Just how good is it, Carl?
Come on Ralph! I will go soon to check it out. My brother told me about this place and said that it was really good.

When the final date is settled...
I expect to see you up here for this Don... I have a couch or an air mattress for you to crash on up here when you come up.

I'm iup for a good meal. Earlier is better, but I can't calculate much after the first of Feburary. I am working on surgery of a little problem that developed in my esophagus, cancer. I'm working on getting surgery asap. We will see, and I will let you all know.
Ken, we all wish you the best of luck on the surgery. Me being close, let me know if there is anything that I can do (like take your bikes for walks...). I wander if the cancer is caused by over stressing your throat from yelling "WTF, another deer!"

Amy is choosing the date of 3/4/17 because it is her birthday weekend. She also told me to tell you guys to choose that weekend so that you can bring her motorcycle presents for her, ahem, "26th" birthday... I told her "good luck." lol

I'm never too sure about my work schedule, but I voted for 2/11. Though any of the other dates are not really problematic. (Generally)

I'm interested to try this place. I like a good BBQ.

Who told Amy she got a vote. That's voter fraud:) :) :) :) :). I need to get out of jury duty which with my attitude shouldn't be hard.

Since I had to choose, March 4th (and Amy agrees
coolsmiley02.gif
) works best with my schedule. A little later wouldn't hurt my feeling(s) either as the ride back got mighty cold a couple years.

I'm up for a good meal. Earlier is better, but I can't calculate much after the first of Feburary. I am working on surgery of a little problem that developed in my esophagus, cancer. I'm working on getting surgery asap. We will see, and I will let you all know.
Not liking the sounds of that Ken. Sending good thoughts your way hoping the outcome is a positive one.

--G

Crap, long way from Sahuarita for BBQ. Just how good is it, Carl?
Ralph, I was just in Sahuarita from Jan. 11-17, wish I had know you were there. You could have joined us on 3 days of riding and 800 miles. :(

Pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kenhattan/albums/72157679646234716
We moved here full time last June and love it here. Yes, it would have been great to see you and ride. Nice pictures, have not seen several of the areas you rode to and look forward to learning about them. Hoping to make a little run over to Key West and back in Feb.

Well with the Poll standings and in the interest of this NW weather, it looks like we should push this BBQ out for maybe sometime around April or May. We sometimes of people coming over passes and such to get here, plus there will be longer days for better riding.

Everyone stay warm!

Carl