WR250R - Too much? Farkles make it?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chivvalry

Reaction score
WR250R_zps56c2e20c.jpg

08 with around 2500 miles,has just about all popular mods on it,

FMF exhaust, programmer, speed healer, air box mods, bars, pegs, controls, tires chain gearing, Seat Concepts, Cee Bailey, Edge taillight, leds, skids, rad guard, handguards, mirrors, case saver, rear rack and rear bag, has lowering link.... Stock gas tank... that's probably the first mod I would do to it... upgrade to an IMS 3 gallon.

$5000? Too much?

Yeah, said he could do that but would strip exhaust, healer, skids, programmer etc.

I think I got a fair deal for how many mods he's got on it. Maybe not a great deal though... Hope she rides as good as she sounds!

Thanks! Can't pick it up until the 30th as that will be the first chance I have to do the 2 hr drive out with a borrowed pickup...

Ha, don't worry... that toy is intended for local use vs. multiday trips. Might slap on some luggage for an overnight camping trip up to the Allegheny National Forest once in a while though...

Ha, don't worry... that toy is intended for local use vs. multiday trips. Might slap on some luggage for an overnight camping trip up to the Allegheny National Forest once in a while though...
Nice score! WRR's are great bikes. Same reason I picked up my CRF250L, save the big girl for day+ trips. I just use the 2fitty for commuting and a little trail exploring when I don't have time to really go anywhere on a Sat/Sun. Feels the same when I get back, you don't have to go far to get that feeling, just have to see some new stuff.

Still waiting for my buddy to upload the video from our Sequin Trail ride (80km all single track) last fall.

The feej will still get her legs stretched quite often even locally. I love her too much to let her languish. I just can't take her on those little trails I keep seeing! Even if I put some knobbies on her I don't think she's up for single track, lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, my other choices after a couple weeks looking were wait longer in the hopes of a better deal or buy a brand new one for around $6k and start modding it myself. There were one or two slightly better deals that would have involved shipping a bike across a couple states... which made them not so great deals.

Yeah, my other choices after a couple weeks looking were wait longer in the hopes of a better deal or buy a brand new one for around $6k and start modding it myself. There were one or two slightly better deals that would have involved shipping a bike across a couple states... which made them not so great deals.
You can drive yourself nuts looking all over for the perfect deal.

FWIW, we are doing this all wrong:

FB%202012%2012%2013%20Hyperpro%201%20geknipt.jpg