• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB, Gen1 raising links

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judd

Reaction score
As the title states, I would like to buy a set of 03-05 raising links. I don't know if the Gen2 links are the same but if they are, include the Gen2.

Thanks. There is also a guy in Canada that sells raising links, just found him. The Canadian dude sells 5/8ths, 1.25 and 2 inch versions. I know the 2 inch is more than I want. I'm waffling between the 5/8ths and the 1.25 inch version. I've already raised the front and the tripple is flush with the top of the tubes. That was so long ago I can't remember just how much that raised the front, I'm thinking around .25-5 inch. I raised the front to pick up some ground clearance and I want to raise the rear to match and maybe get a bit quicker steering so I'm thinking the 1.25 lift would be best since the 5/8ths {.625 inch} would offer very little considering I've raised the front.

As the title states, I would like to buy a set of 03-05 raising links. I don't know if the Gen2 links are the same but if they are, include the Gen2.
No, the Gen2 and later dog bone links are not the same length as Gen1's. Raising links for a Gen2 end up being lowering links for a Gen1. DAHMIKT.

I've already raised the front and the tripple is flush with the top of the tubes. That was so long ago I can't remember just how much that raised the front, I'm thinking around .25-5 inch. I raised the front to pick up some ground clearance and I want to raise the rear to match and maybe get a bit quicker steering so I'm thinking the 1.25 lift would be best since the 5/8ths {.625 inch} would offer very little considering I've raised the front.
First off, nominal fork leg height is with the end of the inner tube flush with the top of the triple clamp, so you've only raised the front height by a few mm's at most (just the thickness of the cap's edge). IOW you haven't changed it very much at all. OTOH, raising the rear end by 1.25" (32mm) will make a big difference in your steering quickness.

Alright, maybe the smaller .625 link would be best. What do y'all think? Maybe not enough of a different to notice and l should get the 1.25 link?

I've got a set of the 26-28 mm (suspension height rise) wild hair accessory dogbones sitting in a coffee can in the garage. Shoot me a PM with your address if interested.