• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB - OEM Clutch and Brake levers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
I need an extremely cheap solution to a current problem.  One of the FJRs I have has worn out OEM levers due to a previous owner using the wrong bolts.  Long story. 

So looking for some really cheap OEM levers somebody might have sitting around after installing some new-fangled, fancy-dancy, aftermarket levers......

Did the wrong bolts oval out the holes?  I ask because the PO of my bike has different through bolts installed for use of handguards.  What was the issue that caused the levers to wear out?

Did the wrong bolts oval out the holes?  I ask because the PO of my bike has different through bolts installed for use of handguards.  What was the issue that caused the levers to wear out?

When installing handguards they used a bolt in which the 'shoulder' area that the levers rotate around was too short.  Worse than ovaling the holes.  Part of the lever rotational contact area was on the threads of the bolt.  It mad a mess.  If they would have used the OEM Suzuki bolts like most everyone else they would have been fine.

When installing handguards they used a bolt in which the 'shoulder' area that the levers rotate around was too short.  Worse than ovaling the holes.  Part of the lever rotational contact area was on the threads of the bolt.  It mad a mess.  If they would have used the OEM Suzuki bolts like most everyone else they would have been fine.
Thanks for the reply. I will have to take a close look at mine.  Do you know what year/model OEM Suzuki bolts are the ones to use?

Thanks for the reply. I will have to take a close look at mine.  Do you know what year/model OEM Suzuki bolts are the ones to use?

Suzuki part number for the main bolt that you will need two of - one for each lever is:  57431-06G00  

It must be made out of unobtanium because it is priced accordingly.  $20.76 MSRP.  $14.45 ea at PartsShark which so far I have found to be the cheapest for online parts.

Suzuki part number for the main bolt that you will need two of - one for each lever is:  57431-06G00  

It must be made out of unobtanium because it is priced accordingly.  $20.76 MSRP.  $14.45 ea at PartsShark which so far I have found to be the cheapest for online parts.
Thank you I will take a look.  Yea that is is expensive.