• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB - Rear Gearcase

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colin24

IBA# 446
Reaction score
Unfortunately the rear gearcase on my 2005 Gen I FJR has been puking oil for the last half of this year. Now that winter has come its time to fix it properly.

I am not looking forward to the idea of buying the special tools and pulling it all apart to get to the offending seal. So I am considering replacing the whole rear gearcase outright.

If you have a rear gearcase (that big lumpy thing the rear wheel mounts onto) for sale I would love to hear from you. I am looking for a Gen I (2003 to 2005). But I suspect a GenII gearcase will also fit if thats what you have.

Contact me via PM.

Thanks

Colin

If it's the driveshaft/coupler seal, no special tools required and the part is around $15. Just a reminder, the rear drive loaner tools are still available. Loaners

I've got one. $75 plus freight. Mint but for a small dent on the lip wheel side (very soft there), from 05.

Last edited by a moderator: