• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: slider mounted highway pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feeger

Reaction score
I did a search, but can't find out where I can get a set.

I'm looking for a set of slider mouted highway pegs that look like this:

(pic stolen from Fairlaner)

DSC_7224.jpg

Any info is appreciated.

These look pretty slick, however, I think you might lose the the whole point of sliders................to slide. I know they also help protect the tupperware and other parts when you go down but isn't it supposed to be slippery when going into a slide? What happens to the bike when the highway peg digs into the pavement during a low side? High side?

Not being antagonistic as I would like for this to work. I put my feet up on the sliders on a ride recently and the leg position felt good but of course my feet were slipping off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cut a couple pieces of 2" OD black nylon to fit into my sliders. They are held in with rare earth magnets. I've got a picture or diagram around here somewhere.

I cut a couple pieces of 2" OD black nylon to fit into my sliders. They are held in with rare earth magnets. I've got a picture or diagram around here somewhere.
Here are the diagrams. Notice that one has a longer post than the other due to the difference in the depth of the recess in the sliders. The magnets go in the small recess in the smaller OD part. You need to have magnetic steel bolts in the sliders for the magnets to work (not 316 SS, but lower grade works).

longside-1.jpg
shortside-1.jpg

They protrude from the slider 4". I can put them in and take them out while moving, but not recommended. They slide in easily, but the magnet hold them in pretty tight.

I'll try to post pics tonight.

Last edited by a moderator: