• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB Starter from 2003 to 2007 FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clocklaw

Reaction score
Ok guys, I am looking to see what I can find. I found out from my friend at the local Yamaha Parts counter that the replacement starter for my FJR fits 2003 to 2007. How about it guys, anyone got a spare laying around you want to recoup a couple of bucks from?

Why you post a WTB in the For Sale section? :p

So, we infer that your '03 has a bum starter and you are looking for a less expensive replacement? You may want to give Rick's Motor Sport Electrics a call and have them quote a price to rebuild your starter. I've visited their place and have seen their work. In fact I watched them rebuild a starter out of a Ninja that was a total POS with fried bearings, oil leaked in, then got baked on and carbonized by heat and the windings plus brushes were toast. It worked just like new when they were done. While somewhat expensive you would have a like new starter with a warranty. Putting in a used starter is a gamble. IMO, the starter is so hard to get out that a current FJR rider would only attempt it if the starter were totally FUBARed. I believe that Skoot may have a starter corpse someplace which could be sent out for a rebuild.

You may also want to try a few motorcycle salvage shops where the starter would be a take-off from a working engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply ionbeam.....I am taking it to my Starter/Alternator shop in the morning....they have been rebuilding my starters for 24 years but this will be the first bike. I will see what they say about it and then go from there.....hopefully it will be a simple "hey, look at that....that's not right".

I picked up my starter yesterday afternoon....he reworked the insides, cleaned everything up, repacked it, and tightened up some "suspicious" connections that were loose. He feels pretty good about it, thinks the connections could have been the problem.

I hope it's good to go....not a fix for $43.59.

With this said, I am presently no longer looking for a starter....this one should be good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts