• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB Trunk lock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DANA

Reaction score
I bought my FJR used and the spare lock was not included. Big surprise there! I bought a factory touring trunk and now I need a lock assembly. If anyone has a spare lock for sale, let me know. Thanks.

I bought my FJR used and the spare lock was not included. Big surprise there! I bought a factory touring trunk and now I need a lock assembly. If anyone has a spare lock for sale, let me know. Thanks.
Coincidently, I just came into the "Wanted" forum because I just came across my box containing the tail saddle bag hole covers that someone was looking for. The box0 also contains my Spare lock. I was just thinking "I wonder how long I'll hold onto it without it ever getting used." :D

Edit: I feel like an idiot. I responded to this post literally seconds after locating the parts (as mentioned I was looking for the covers for someone else) and didn't stop long enough to think that I may be able to use the lock in a custom box project that I've been working on. I just had another look at the lock and it seems I'll be able to make that work! Sorry Dana.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you can't buy just one lock, it looks like I'll have to order that three lock set from Yamaha. What a joke. No doubt it will be on backorder like everything else I try to buy from Yamaha. At least I'll have some spares.

You're not the first one looking for a lock though. Put the other two up for sale on the forum and they will likely sell. Hopefully at least recoup 2/3 of your cost.

I will look around for it, if I find it just pay shipping and it is yours.....