X1R Concentrate Has anyone used it?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flynfjr

Reaction score
Saw this stuff on Dale Walkers Web site. I tried to call him not around, has anyone used this and what do you think about it?

X1R concentrate for increased fuel milage.

I also have a new additive but I sell mine by the gallon. When added to a tank of gas, your FJR will get at least 20% better mileage, sometimes even more. It only costs $7 each.

Oh just let let me know if you want 87 or 89 octane...

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have a new additive but I sell mine by the gallon. When added to a tank of gas, your FJR will get at least 20% better mileage, sometimes even more. It only costs $7 each.
Oh just let let me know if you want 87 or 89 octane...
I know I know, it is not a gas addative it is oil friction reducer.

Wow..20% !!! If you wax and buff your bike you can get another 20%..that be a 40% increase in gas milage...almost 70 mpg !!!!

Dude, the shit don't work. Same claims been made for adding acetone to your gas. Key word there is "claims"...

If you want to increase your gas milage by 20%, you would have to buy a scooter................

KM

(thread NEPRT bound)

...let let me know if you want 87 or 89 octane...
Oh boy, the X1R site boasts "Certified Space Technology"; "Space Foundation/ NASA Space Technology Hall of Fame" and a picture of the Space Shuttle too. Must be good slippery stuff -- if you are going to Ur-anus, err, MARS!

Pour that slippery, slimy, shit right in, start the engine and let it circulate around all those fiber and steel plates in the clutch, let 'em soak real good. Now, just turn loose of the clutch all at once. Did your FJR move at all? ;) Motorcycles with wet plate clutches aren't a good place to pour in oil additives IMO, YMMV.

Secret MoJo additives have been around as long as there have been people selling cheap land in Florida and bridges in Brooklyn. There's also one that is a magnet you put on your fuel line and it changes the way the atoms are aligned. If you believe all that, contact me about the fool proof multi level marketing plan I have just for you..................

flynfjr,

I took the bait and put the X1R concentrate in my 2002 VMAX.

Used it for a couple of oil changes. I ran the bike hard on Saturdays and harder on Sundays – as the VMAX was designed for- and I can't say it made any significant deference. The bike had about 8k miles on the engine (14k todate) and I did not have clutch problems before or after use.

I found it at Auto Prone and Wally world for about $13 for a 12oz bottle so with no noticeable hp gains I couldn't see spending the money.

Snake Oil? Maybe - but if I decide to take my FJR into space I might have to re-think the application.

The great quest for cheap horse power - still looking :dribble:

<snip>Secret MoJo additives have been around as long as..... There's also one that is a magnet you put on your fuel line and it changes the way the atoms are aligned. If you believe all that..................
Well, I wouldn't be too quick to dispute the power of a magnetic field. After all, what do we know about magnetism? What is it? Where does it come from? Magnetic flux does act upon charged particles (and other substances).

Whether or not that means anything to the fuel in your fuel line -- is debatable.

'ionbeam' (X1R): <snip>Pour that slippery, slimy, shit right in, start the engine and let it circulate around all those fiber and steel plates....
'sthames': <snip>I took the bait and put the X1R concentrate in my 2002 VMAX. .....I did not have clutch problems before or after use. ....with no noticeable hp gains The great quest for cheap horse power - still looking
Well, this stuff: https://www.zmax.com/zMax is currently receiving major promo.

Maybe this is "the stuff"....?? :unsure: :blink: :huh:

Well, this stuff: https://www.zmax.com/zMax is currently receiving major promo.
Maybe this is "the stuff"....?? :unsure: :blink: :huh:
Uh-huh...

Seems like their "micro-molecules" claim to fame is that they "soak right into the metal"

From their white paper:

https://www.zmax.com/why_zmax/testing_summary.pdf

Although it was not possible to precisely quantify the difference in penetration depths between the engine oil, the engine oil with zMAX, and zMAX itself, the presence of zMAX in the engine oil resulted in a 82% greater penetration and a 133% greater penetration when zMAX was compared to the engine oil itself. This ability to soak (i.e., be absorbed) into metal surfaces is the key to zMAX 's effectiveness.

So, it's not possible to quantify it, but then they go right ahead and tell you it's 82% greater penetration.

I smell marketing genius at work here... :dribble:

If I'm not mistaken I believe that Humpy Wheeler (yes, that Humpy Wheeler, the PT Barnum of Charlotte Motor Speedway and many other race tracks) is the principal behind ZMax. He just couldn't bear the thought of all that money waiting to be made off of aftermarket oil additives so he started up ZMax and promotes the heck out of it. Did you ever suspect that Humpy Wheeler was an oil chemist or lubrication expert...???....or do you think there might be a bit of snake oil sales going on here...??? The fact that he gets Carol Shelby to endorse it should give you the answer.

Last time I stuffed a snake down my crankcase, stuff got all screwed up :lol: Guess I shoulda bought some"o" that snake oil instead :(

:jester:

Hey guys, ever see those old magazines that were hawking all sorts of miracle cures, benefits and claims? Remember how you laughed at how those people could have been so stupid to waste their money on all that crap; guess what, not a whole lot has changed. Yesteryear is NOW (and probably always will be).

Hey Fred, at least snakes don't have germs like dirty stinky cowboys and gerbils :lol: This according to old Michael.

:jester:

Well - I also fell for this one. But now I glow in the Dark!

AtomicEnergy.jpg

I love anything that says "Space Age". Take a look at this:

The space age—the period in which spacecrafts have been placed in orbit around the Earth—began on October 4, 1957, when the Soviet Union launched Sputnik (later called Sputnik I ), the first artificial satellite (an object that orbits a planet).

So, your additive is from 1957?

Things to avoid on the package:

1. Space Age

2. New And Improved

3. As seen on TV

Latest posts