Yamaha factory heated grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bikewhore

Reaction score
I removed my fancy throttle lock because I never really used it. I had to remove my throttle side grip to allow its removal. Well, upon reinstallation, it's a little distorted. I also have NO heat action at all. Power is making it right up to the inline fuse but doesn't appear to be going anywhere else. Inshort, I think I borked it. Does anyone know if I can buy just the grips? My understanding of electricity could probably be written on a post it. (one of the really small ones)

I am guessing they are wired in series? I get no heat from either.

sunovabitch. I meant to post this in the farkle forum. Sorry gents and lassesessses.

Yamaha grips are not available individually, whole kit or nothing. The grips are wired in series. If you have a volt meter PM me. I'm working on my Yamaha grips tonight because my throttle grip is open.

Check JC Whitney. Looking at the picture the have it appears that they are the exact same as the Yamaha grip without the aisian instructions and the angle bracket mount. Cost as I recall was about $50. Not as cheap as some aftermarket but at least an easy trade.

I removed my fancy throttle lock because I never really used it. I had to remove my throttle side grip to allow its removal. Well, upon reinstallation, it's a little distorted. I also have NO heat action at all. Power is making it right up to the inline fuse but doesn't appear to be going anywhere else. Inshort, I think I borked it. Does anyone know if I can buy just the grips? My understanding of electricity could probably be written on a post it. (one of the really small ones)

sunovabitch. I meant to post this in the farkle forum. Sorry gents and lassesessses.

What kind of fancy throttle lock were you using with the heated grips? I can see how only Throttlemeisters would work but nothing else with the wires coming from the heated grips. I hope there are other possibilities. Thanks

What kind of fancy throttle lock were you using with the heated grips? I can see how only Throttlemeisters would work but nothing else with the wires coming from the heated grips. I hope there are other possibilities. Thanks
Brake away throttle lock.

Brake away throttle lock.
On the Brake away did you have to cut any of the rubber off the inside rubber shoulder of the grip to fit the throttle lock? Did this lock work well? It appears to be a quality unit as it well should be for the price. Let me know what you think of this item please. I know you removed it, but your opions would be much appreciated. Thank you