Yamaha FZ8

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mehaffydr

Reaction score
I am thinking of purchasing one. They are very fair price. I like the looks and am wanting a smaller bike for weekends in southern Missouri and Arkansas, Any thoughts on this bike.

I was also thinking of one since I have owned an fz6, fz1, and the wife has a fz6r and all have been rock solid but the fz8 really hasn't gotten good reviews when compared to other bikes in its class. I have recently been looking at the tiger 800 abs. I demo'd one and liked it alot and love the fact it has abs.

I can't comment on the FZ8, but I do have a Gen II FZ1. Probably my all around favorite Bike. I think the only reason the FZ8 got dinged in the reviews was for the limited suspension (their words) and lack of adjustments that the FZ1 has. This will happen when you are packaging a bike for a price point, with the better suspension people would complain about the price. It's a tradeoff. In spite of that, I'd sure be inclined to try one. I like the headlight.

I am thinking of purchasing one. They are very fair price. I like the looks and am wanting a smaller bike for weekends in southern Missouri and Arkansas, Any thoughts on this bike.
mehaffydr, look in the for sale section. I have a real nice GenII FZ1 for sale...only 29K, all AR and MO miles on it. :yahoo: