• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Yamaha Heated Grip setup

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawrence

Reaction score
I have an '08 FJR1300a and I'd like to have heated grips as I ride year-round. I'm not in a rush - anytime before the end of this year would be fine.

I am open to options, but want to get something that I should only have to buy once, and get a long life out of.

So - does it have to be the factory Yamaha setup? No, but strongly preferred (prewired, speed sensitive, etc)

Do you have an AE model and don't use the heated grips? Here's your chance to get the nice new better grips you've been wanting and make some money in the process

If anyone comes across the Yamaha factory setup for sale (say on eBay , Craigslist, etc), I'd appreciate your letting me know (presuming you don't want it for yourself)

Thanks in advance

If anyone comes across the Yamaha factory setup for sale (say on eBay , Craigslist, etc), I'd appreciate your letting me know (presuming you don't want it for yourself)Thanks in advance
I will look tonight when I get home I did have the factory wiring and controller that I took off of my 05.

If anyone comes across the Yamaha factory setup for sale (say on eBay , Craigslist, etc), I'd appreciate your letting me know (presuming you don't want it for yourself)Thanks in advance
Couple sets on ebay right now. Not cheap though. Clicky That's the cheapest I found. Just search "fjr 1300 grips"

Mike

Argh

When I bought my '08 FJR1300 in April, I found the part number ABA-2D237-40-00. My notes show it at Monday for around $300 with a MSRP of $385. IT appears MSRP has gone up 10% or more, and now there is a Gen I vs Gen II kit (and Gen II $100 more). And I dont see the '06-09 kit for $300 anymore (maybe what I found months ago was in error). argh

Hm... Thanks for the info. I was looking for a deal that would be less than $300. maybe not anymore....

I have to prioritize and heated grips for most of my riding along the Coast in San Diego makes that expense hard to justify (ie a couple of days a during the winter when I head into the mountains and the temps get below 50deg) ;^)

The only one I saw for auction on Ebay when I checked, immdiately reading your post was for a Gen-I. There is one for a Gen-II in the Ebay stores asking $325.

Part number for most of the world for the Gen-II kit (and what I installed on my bike) is 5VS-W0792-10-00 and it was available for about $320 IIRC - seems to be up to about $335 these days. However the part number you provided is also identified as being for a Gen-II. I wonder if yamaha might not have changed suppliers? Your best bet is probably to call Gary McKoy to see where things stand.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can live without the plug'n play Yamaha grip kit, you can find equivalent aftermarket setups. One of the better aftermarket kits is Warm 'n Safe's $90 kit. It comes with an active electronic heat controller that regulates temperature as well as the Yamaha controller, with the exception of automatic 50% power reduction to the grips when the rpms are under 2K. In trade you get heat element tapes that go on the handlebars. You pull the stock grips off the bars, install the adhesive heat elements then put on the grips of your choice. BMW touring grips are high on the list of really comfortable grips that are commonly used. With the Yamaha kit the heat elements are molded into the grips so you have no choice but to live with the very hard OEM grips.

Argh
When I bought my '08 FJR1300 in April, I found the part number ABA-2D237-40-00. My notes show it at Monday for around $300 with a MSRP of $385. IT appears MSRP has gone up 10% or more, and now there is a Gen I vs Gen II kit (and Gen II $100 more). And I dont see the '06-09 kit for $300 anymore (maybe what I found months ago was in error). argh

Hm... Thanks for the info. I was looking for a deal that would be less than $300. maybe not anymore....

I have to prioritize and heated grips for most of my riding along the Coast in San Diego makes that expense hard to justify (ie a couple of days a during the winter when I head into the mountains and the temps get below 50deg) ;^)
If I find mine I will sure sell it to you for less than 300.00 But make sure it will work for you it is ooff of my Gen 1 2005 model

Argh

Used the model number from eBay (Manufacturer Part Number: ABA-2D237-40-00) on Google and found the following.

ABA-2D237-40-00 Yamaha HEATED GRIPS KT FJR1 Price: $339.05

https://www.boats.net/parts/detail/yamaha/Y...D237-40-00.html

Yamaha HEATED GRIPS KT FJR1

HEATED GRIPS KT FJR1

Yamaha OEM Part ABA-2D237-40-00 / ABA2D2374000

yamaha Part Number Variations

ABA-2D237-40-00

ABA 2D237 40 00

ABA2D2374000

ABA2D 2374000

ABA2D2 374000

AB A2D23 74000

ABA2 D237 4000

ABA 2D2 374 000

AB A2 D2 37 40 00

Patience paid off $200 (+12 s/h) for new Yamaha kit for Gen II on eBay from a dealer :yahoo:

Now to install install it :unsure:

Glad you found what you wanted. Not quite sure why you wanted the Yamaha parts though. Now you're stuck with the Yamaha heated grips. With the Warm & Safe heat-Troller you can use any grips you want and it's arguably a better quality unit for less money.

Check out this link and scroll down to a very sano install of the H-T inside the left switch housing.Dual Star install