Yamaha OEM Heated Grips and G2 Throttle Cam

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeanFJR

Reaction score
I searched numerous threads but could not find an answer to my specific question. I have the factory heated grips installed on my 2007 FJR1300A and have read numerous things on improving the throttle response with the G2 throttle. Anyone that has done this modification on their 2007 - Is there a noticable improvement over the throttle cam that came with the OEM heated grips? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dean

If you decide to pursue the G2, remember that you need to order the G2 for the heated grips: there are 2 versions. The length of the tube with the heated grips is a little longer than the standard grip.

Also, when taking your throttle grip off, pay attention to where the heated grip electrical wire is with repsect to the cam. You need these to be in a similar area to prevent binding.

If you decide to pursue the G2, remember that you need to order the G2 for the heated grips: there are 2 versions. The length of the tube with the heated grips is a little longer than the standard grip.
Also, when taking your throttle grip off, pay attention to where the heated grip electrical wire is with repsect to the cam. You need these to be in a similar area to prevent binding.
I did mine on an '06 AE (factory heated grips) ... suggest you take a few digital pics of the orientation of the wires when you disassemble, it will prevent a ton of grief when you put it all back together.

It is a good mod, helps a lot, and is easy to do.

Griff

I did mine on an '06 AE (factory heated grips) ... suggest you take a few digital pics of the orientation of the wires when you disassemble, it will prevent a ton of grief when you put it all back together.

It is a good mod, helps a lot, and is easy to do.

Griff

Thanks for all the great information on the two sizes and I will definately take some pics to help out.

I searched numerous threads but could not find an answer to my specific question. I have the factory heated grips installed on my 2007 FJR1300A and have read numerous things on improving the throttle response with the G2 throttle. Anyone that has done this modification on their 2007 - Is there a noticable improvement over the throttle cam that came with the OEM heated grips? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dean
you already know this, but I'm just trying to help, just in case:

do a google search "g2 site:fjrforum.com"

lotsa info with search ?????? site:fjrforum.com

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'