Yamaha say's they have an adjustable ventilation system on 08's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTXEDFJR

Reaction score
I'm looking in the dealers product booklet that has all the bikes the FJR for 08 say's it has an (adjustable) ventilation system that pulls engine heat away fro the cockpit. So how do you adjust it.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the same as your '07 and all Gen 2 bikes. Open up your user manual and instructions on how to change the vents are in there.

It's the same as your '07 and all Gen 2 bikes. Open up your user manual and instructions on how to change the vents are in there.
Ancient Chinese proverb: "The path of least resistance does not lie where FJRForum admins dwell." ;)

Maybe they will actually work on the 08's :glare:

cary

Maybe they will actually work on the 08's :glare:

cary

I have a question about the Adjustable side vents. I have an '06. Moving then to the "out" position makes you HOTTER or COOLER?

Thanks

also covered in the bin-o-facts for gen II's. under "Adjustable Middle Faring"

Out directs more warm air to your shin area.

It doesn't make anything cooler or warmer, it just directs the airflow to different areas.

I don't know if warm air is directed anywhere or not, but I do know that when it's cold out having the "vents" out results in warmer legs. I suspect that the only thing happening is that cold air is deflected off my legs which makes the legs warmer. I really notice a difference when the temps are in the 20's. :dribble: