Yamaha Top Case Lock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwilly

Administrator of Drama
Reaction score
So I have managed to misplace the key for my top case. Can I just walk into a Yamaha dealer and buy a new lock for the case so I have a lock that works? Is that something they will have in stock?

BTW: My top case wasn't keyed the same as my bike because I bought it used from a forum member.

To give you an idea how lost it is, I offered my kids $20 to come up with it and no luck...

JW

Have you tried going to a locksmith and having it changed to match your ignition key? Just a thought.

Jason i got one just sitting here you can have (cause you are a nice guy and all).

Send me your address nd i will mail it to you.

R

Jason i got one just sitting here you can have (cause you are a nice guy and all).
Send me your address nd i will mail it to you.

R
Man I appreciate the offer Richard, problem is I need it ASAP as I leave for EOM Thursday AM. :angry:

JW

If you have AAA or similar on the bike, it may cover a locksmith opening it for you under the "locked keys in trunk" coverage.

Just a thought.

If you have AAA or similar on the bike, it may cover a locksmith opening it for you under the "locked keys in trunk" coverage.
Just a thought.
Don't have that, maybe I could take it to Scab's house and have him call AARP? :p

JW

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts