You know that sinking feeling you get when....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thug

A shy retiring flower in a Thug's exterior
Reaction score
Well here's me cleaning my (Gay Clean) bike today or your morning for you yanks, and I'm thinking to myself now I must have something in my garage to sit under my headers so both of my wheels are off the ground so they can get a through clean as well (Gay Clean).

So I go a lookin and find this little solid plastic bucket! perfect! So's I get the missus to push down hard on the rear of the bike (Clearly not to be fucked with my wife because she managed with ease pushing the back of the bike on it's rear wheel!) and I slide the bucket under the headers making sue it's not (The said bucket) resting on any of the fairing... Wala! I did a George W (Mission Accomplished).

Anyhoo I wet, sprayed with truck wash, soak a little, gently pressure wash, blow dry with my petrol vac/blower and then go around it as I run the bike for a short while to soakup any damp spots etc...you know how it goes....Then I see all this vaporised moisture coming up through the gauge steering console area..Hmm just some pockets of water down there somewhere not to worry...keeps going....hmmm shit I smell plastic getting really hot! ...(Here's that sinking feeling) oh fuck.....the bucket on the headers....hot headers and plastic don't like each other much apparently!

So I push down on the rear and kick the now arseless bucket out from under the bike, turn it off and inspect my handy work....fuck it....

So I let the mofo cool off a bit and for the next hour or so I gradually pick, rub with mild sandpaper and chip the plastic off the headers...(Actually the colder it got the easier it became except for a few little bastard blobs).

So there you have it! Plastic bad....wood or metal good!

While I was under the bike I (this is just fucking sad) I cleaned the underside with a damp cloth as well......

Last edited by a moderator:
how did ya get it to stay on the bucket ???

everyone here in the states knows the bike is upside down in Australia !!! :rolleyes:

hey, we all have a dunderhead story to tell <well 'cept Tyler> :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man your way to anal!!!

Small bucket of hot soapy water and micro towal first then the Honda polish. 10 minutes your done.

Just an fyi.... BONEHEAD!!! :lol:

Great story, we've all done something like that I'm sure. At least no real damage happened it was just a bucket issue. Just think of all the people that have now learned from your post. ;)

Ride safe.

Next time just ride in the rain.....sheesh, you white people are funny.

Hey, better'n the first time I washed a bike!

I was down on my knees (yeah, ghey!) scrubbing my CB450SC when I had the bright idea to grab a header pipe to pull myself up! Fortunately I was wearing thick wet leather gloves so I didn't get burned, but they sizzled and shrank about 3 sizes in 5 seconds and were still really damned hot, so I was jumping around trying to pull them off before I came to my senses and stuck my hand back in the water bucket. I had to get the pliers out of the tool bag to pull one of the fingers off.

20 years later, I still remember that pretty damned well. That's probably why my bikes almost never get washed. Like that Subaru commercial, they get washed when it rains! My windshield does get washed and Plexus'ed a couple of times a month, especially in lovebug season.

Man your way to anal!!!
Small bucket of hot soapy water and micro towal first then the Honda polish. 10 minutes your done.

65 mph/60 minutes = 1.083 miles X 10 minutes = 10.83 miles you could have traveled while you wasted time cleaning that bike!* What were you thinking? :rolleyes:

It's ok Thug, just remember to move the bucket before firing up the bike next time. The cleaning part, well, if you feel the need, that's your call.

[SIZE=8pt]*SkooterG would have traveled 25.83 miles.[/SIZE]

:rofl: :lol2: Oh yeah!!!! Did that same stunt several years ago on me old dirt bike... Yee gads whata stink.

I really enjoyed the wiped down the underside part, ya made it sound soo manly :lol:

:jester:

Man your way to anal!!!
phhfffftt... go ride in the rain!!!

another thing .. having a dirty bike is a 'get out of chores free' card. When wife says "hey, could you ...." I can always respond with "uh, gotta clean the fudger" and then I get distracted with something else in the garage...

:rofl: :lol2: Oh yeah!!!! Did that same stunt several years ago on me old dirt bike... Yee gads whata stink.
I really enjoyed the wiped down the underside part, ya made it sound soo manly :lol:

You just liked picturing him wiping the pipes, bent over all soapy and wet; you perverted fuk

You just liked picturing him wiping the pipes, bent over all soapy and wet; you perverted fuk
Well I gotta admit it's a wee bit sexier than the picture of you pinning down that helpless armadillo... Damn I still can't get it outa my head :bad:

While I was under the bike I (this is just fucking sad) I cleaned the underside with a damp cloth as well......

Wait, the FJR has taint?

Glad I'm not the only one stuff like that happens to.
Maybe this is a good time to tell my bonehead plastic melting story.

So I had the front cowling off my 05. This necessitates removing the side lowers too. The "belly pan" part of the bodywork, that pointy part in the front of the bike below the radiator, is part of the right side lower fairing. The lowers attach to the bike by screws that go directly into threaded holes in the frame. I had a hard time getting one of the left side screws started - the thread was mildly stripped. With only the right side lower installed, and the belly pan not fully secured because the left side wasn't installed, I rode my bike on city streets the 15 miles to my favorite auto mechanic.

He cleaned up the thread for me. Everything's groovy. I'm happy about my repair, and I figure everything's peachy keen, so I hop on the freeway for the return trip. When I get home I smell something bad from the front of the bike. Look down and see that the belly pan has little half-moon shaped indentations that line up nicely with the header pipes. Turns out that the increased wind resistance of freeway riding had pushed the loose fairing into the exhaust pipes. It hadn't happened on city streets, but freeway speed was enough to do it. Now my bike has a lovely personalized look, which I am reminded of every time I wash my bike.