You meet the nicest people on an FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5lbtrout

Reaction score
All last year, I saw two guys on FJRs going the opposite direction on my commute (I had an SV650). They always rode together, one on an 07 and the other on an 08. I always gave them biggest wave and even an occasional helmet tap. They did likewise. I always wanted to say hello, but you can't just stop in the middle of a two-lane highway.

In any case, one of these guys, FJRK, saw one my posts and asks, "are you the one a wearing bright yellow jacket that we see every day?" I ask, "are you one of the two guys on FJR's that I see all time time?" To make the long story short, the answer was affirmative on both counts.

Well, I met them both tonight. I bought a Heli triple clamp, OEM touring shield, and the OEM trunk from Tye, FJRK's friend. Not only did he sell me the parts but took his Friday evening to install the parts for me. Installing the triple clamp was a little trcky because he had to drill out rivets. He was well skilled and did the job right. But that wasn't all, he drained my final drive oil and put in expensive oil. It was a good thing since we saw that it was really low and wondered if the previous owner change it at all based on its color (it had 9,500 miles when I bought it). He also showed me how to get to the spark plugs. They even invited me to come back anytime if I needed help working on the bike.

Really, there are nice people on this Board.

Thank you, FJRK and Tye. You guys rock!

And they live in California! There is still hope for this state. Glad you found some good guys to hook you up with the parts.

That's a great example of "helpin' a brother out". Kudos to those 2 guys for going the extra mile.

Enjoy that FJR - it's a great bike!

biknflyfisher

PS - you must share the trout chasin passion just like I do (as you can tell by my moniker).

That's a great example of "helpin' a brother out". Kudos to those 2 guys for going the extra mile.Enjoy that FJR - it's a great bike!

biknflyfisher

PS - you must share the trout chasin passion just like I do (as you can tell by my moniker).
Yes, I am a fly fishing fool. I looking forward to doing some Sierra passes this year and stopping to get my line wet.

That's a great example of "helpin' a brother out". Kudos to those 2 guys for going the extra mile.Enjoy that FJR - it's a great bike!

biknflyfisher

Yes, I am a fly fishing fool. I looking forward to doing some Sierra passes this year and stopping to get my line wet.
I can't fly fish after breaking my collar bone, but there is some world-class fly fishing and designated "fly fishing only" areas on the North Umpqua River here -- for salmon and steelhead. If you come up this way PM me and I'll try to get some time to buy you a beer and show you a twisty way to the fishing area.

Very cool. I think you should start a fishing thread, as in 'how a rank beginner learns to fish'. (for me, of course).

Then again, we could ride into the beautiful mountains on our stallion FJR's and actually *fish*! :)