Your top 5 five reasons for riding. (Include photos)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaRoller

Exit Stage Left
Reaction score
- Your top 5 Reasons (not 8, or 12 or 178 reasons) you get out and ride.

- Bonus question - Best new bike mod, bike add on, new hobby, new riding mindset or any other thing you do different recently that's added to your personal riding enjoyment?

(I'm looking for a total of 6 items for your response. Please try to stay within those parameters)

--------------------------

After much deliberation I believe these are mine...If you don't have photo's you can at least list your answers.

#1 - Riding the mountain Twisties.

#2 - The Scenery

#3 - Sharing the journey with my wife.

#4 - Discovering new natural POI to see in person.

#5 - Landscape Photography

-------------

Bonus question - Best new bike mod, bike add on, new hobby, new riding mindset or any other thing you do different recently that's added to your personal riding enjoyment?

Bonus - Getting a ENO hammock and finding a quiet spot in nature along the route usually beside a lake or river and kicking back and chilling for 30-60 minutes. Its amazing. I keep it in my saddle bag at all times now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Papa Chuy Viejo only has one reason to ride: To catch up with yamafitter, rushes, fjrrider and CHRIS_D in Mexico ese! JSNS!

1104576295_qd4xp-L.jpg

1. The landscape. Being a brushstroke on the canvas of life. Immersing myself in my surroundings as I skim the earths surface.

z2P1TEq.jpg

2. The ability to share these unbelievable experiences with my wife. She loves riding with me on the FJR. This common interest we share has brought us closer than ever.

gNodRkx.jpg

3. The pure thrill of riding. The acceleration and speed, the leaning, the bike working beneath me and all the greatness the FJR offers.

a66VEWL.jpg

4. The unplugging. Letting go of all the days hustle and bustle , the stress, appointments and agendas. After a 60 mile ride in the twisties I feel invigorated, revived and in a much better mood.

wDza0xc.jpg

5. Comradery. Riding with good friends. Sharing in adventures and experiences.

vaIphRS.jpg

Bonus. Riding mindset: Working on all the aspects of sport riding. Relentlessly developing my skills. Being aware of all my inputs to the bike and trying to execute every one with surgeon-like precision. Being as smooth as possible. Gaining knowledge from literature and other riders to further my skills. We never stop learning and improving. That is the beauty of it. I really enjoy the sport of riding as well as the experience each adventure brings.

ElgPMyL.jpg

My five top reasons.....

#1 -

hottie.jpg

Don't have to listen to her shit

#2 -

hottie.jpg

Don't have to think about wanting to murder someone

#3 -

hottie.jpg

Can hope she's gone when I get home

#4 -

hottie.jpg

Don't have to spend money on her unemployed kids

#5 -

hottie.jpg

#1 through #4

My five top reasons.....
#1 -

hottie.jpg

Don't have to listen to her shit

#2 -

hottie.jpg

Don't have to think about wanting to murder someone

#3 -

hottie.jpg

Can hope she's gone when I get home

#4 -

hottie.jpg

Don't have to spend money on her unemployed kids

#5 -

hottie.jpg

#1 through #4
Priceless, Absolutely Amazing! RH: I just tore a muscle in my fat old Irish gut laughing at this, you've outdone yourself this time. YOU ARE MY HERO!

1. The bike proves unequivocally that life is really about the journey.

cgdayseven38_zps454e2f3f.jpg

2. The bike gives me a chance to get out of the box that is my life, and I like it.

cgdaysix24_zpsf6815aa2.jpg

3. The bike has helped me learn that there is great adventure right in my own back yard.

bigthickett62_zps9472e1ba.jpg

4. Riding introduces me to new friends with like interest.

2013razorbackrally21_zps7ef3e7a7.jpg

5. There is no other way to feel the exhilaration of acceleration in all 3 dimensions of space.

US129Dragon2013_zps573a9522.jpg

Bonus - let me think about that one a bit Edit - I just bought a Shoei Quest helmet to replace my old Fulmer Modular. I'm very pleased at how light and quiet this helmet is.

1. The landscape. Being a brushstroke on the canvas of life. Immersing myself in my surroundings as I skim the earths surface.

2. The ability to share these unbelievable experiences with my wife. She loves riding with me on the FJR. This common interest we share has brought us closer than ever.

3. The pure thrill of riding. The acceleration and speed, the leaning, the bike working beneath me and all the greatness the FJR offers.

4. The unplugging. Letting go of all the days hustle and bustle , the stress, appointments and agendas. After a 60 mile ride in the twisties I feel invigorated, revived and in a much better mood.

Bonus. Riding mindset: Working on all the aspects of sport riding. Relentlessly developing my skills. Being aware of all my inputs to the bike and trying to execute every one with surgeon-like precision. Being as smooth as possible. Gaining knowledge from literature and other riders to further my skills. We never stop learning and improving. That it the beauty of it. I really enjoy the sport of riding as well as the experience each adventure brings.
+1

I like all your points. You should post on here more often. I'd love to see more RR from you from OR/WA area. Me & my wife are thinking of flying out to Portland either later this year or next year for sure. I've always wanted to visit and see the OR coast as well as ride up the Columbia River gorge just to name a few.

Bonus. Riding mindset: Working on all the aspects of sport riding. Relentlessly developing my skills. Being aware of all my inputs to the bike and trying to execute every one with surgeon-like precision. Being as smooth as possible. Gaining knowledge from literature and other riders to further my skills. We never stop learning and improving. That it the beauty of it. I really enjoy the sport of riding as well as the experience each adventure brings.
+1

I like all your points. You should post on here more often. I'd love to see more RR from you from OR/WA area. Me & my wife are thinking of flying out to Portland either later this year or next year for sure. I've always wanted to visit and see the OR coast as well as ride up the Columbia River gorge just to name a few.
Thanks for the OP. I really do need to post up more RRs. My wife gets lots of rolling photos as we travel. If you are ever in my neck of the woods I would be glad to show you some great rides around here.

1. Because the FJR can get me from my driveway to here in a day:

DSCF1009.jpg

2. Because the FJR can get me from my driveway to here in a day:

DSCF0079.jpg

3. Because the FJR can get me from my driveway to here in a day:

DSCF0907.jpg

4. Because the FJR can get me from my driveway to here in a day:

DSC02830.jpg

5. Because the FJR can get me from my driveway to here in a day:

DSCF0582.jpg

Yes....living in the western rockies does have its advantages!

DSCF0120.jpg

The fantastic things (& scenery) I've seen.

11955806634_3608e29651_c.jpg

My Fjr Ride'n Dogs!

7032099073_9ac65e5b0a_z.jpg

9618442628_1fdea89b33_z.jpg

The fabulous times my dogs have had on trips

11955611153_9e8c465314.jpg

8311974178_86a46d2d7f.jpg

10076458403_3a156929c0.jpg

10031544514_9788b5742d.jpg

The people who love to see my dogs ride'n!

11955742694_f1f614a670_z.jpg

The Awesome FJR friends we have!

11955750044_09be64df5c_c.jpg

Have more great FJR ride'n experiences in the future!