For All You Dirty DS Minded FJR Riders On This Forum!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, twas a fun trip; I wish it was starting all over again tomorrow! I'll be doing chores at my house or making my Son Seth's breakfast, and think of something from the trip that makes me smile!

Don, you a right. I think a lot about this trip. It will be something I will always remember.

Seeing the video really makes me want to relive it again and again.
Meet at the Three Palms Motel in Presideo TX Feb 26th, we cross the border the 27th :big_boss:
Mi Estimado Amigo Ricardo,

Ai, Ai, Ai Hombre; Que Lastima, Dios Mio! Senor Rick, if I had any idea you were returning to Copper Canyon in late February 2011 Papa Chuy would have made plans to join you! However, I have already planned a Mexico trip to San Carlos y Banamichi for April 1 through April 5 in Sonora Estado; meeting in Nogales on March 31.

But, let's plan on this together for 2012! I'm going to get a real dirt bike for my next Copper Canyon trip: a Suzuki DRZ400 like Tucson Joe rides. Miss Piggy's too piggy!

I'm even going to learn the ways of El Trabajo del Diablo: GPS. I've always cursed GPS and its disciples, but for Copper Canyon I can see its useful helpful applications.

Rick, keep my e-mail and # handy: [email protected] y Telefono 480-440-4666. Let's plan a 2012 Copper Canyon trip in Fall and have it on FJR Forum by 1/1/2012.

Saludos y Recuerdos,

Senor Papa Chuy Viejo Medina

"El Burrito Ballerina", ese.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don, you a right. I think a lot about this trip. It will be something I will always remember.

Seeing the video really makes me want to relive it again and again.

+1 or 2...

:thumbsup:
So Russell, how about this Mexico trip? You can bring Canada barb along with you!

FJR Forum Ride to San Carlos and Banamichi, Sonora Estado, Mexico 4/1-4/5 of 2011.

We of FJR Forum are once again riding to Mexico, but this time paved, on road bikes.

We'll spend Thursday night March 31 at the Motel 6 in Nogales, Arizona; Group Dinner!

On Friday morning April 1 at 0800 we will cross into Mexico at the Mariposa Truck Crossing and proceed to Mexican Immigration Bldg. 18 kilometers South of the Border.

We will secure, only as needed, Mexican Tourist Permits and Vehicle Import Permits; and Sonora Only Cards for those just going to the resort city of San Carlos-Guaymas.

https://www.sancarlosplaza.com.mx/eng/index.htm We will spend Friday and Saturday nights at the luxurious San Carlos Plaza Resort. Beautiful la Playa (beach) and jet skis can be rented there. The food is muy Delicioso and las Margaritas are very strong too.

On Saturday a boat tour and snorkeling trip can be arranged to watch dolphins and seals.

Sunday we'll sleep in until Noon and then ride to historic Banamichi in Eastern Sonora.

https://www.losarcossonora.com We will spend Sunday and Monday nights at the Hotel Los Arcos de Sonora. On Monday horseback riding and jeep tours can be arranged for.

On Tuesday afternoon we will once again cross into Estados Unidos. All of our permits will be turned in at this time, unless you wish to keep them for the entire 180 day limit.

Questions: Please call or e-mail Papa Chuy Viejo Medina at 480-440-4666 [email protected]

ATENCION: If you wish to use this trip as a springboard to ride South to Mazatlan and use the ferry to cross over to Baja California Sur, Papa Chuy Viejo Medina will show you the procedures and walk you through the process of obtaining your Mexico Tourist Permit and your Banjercito–Mexico Vehicle Import Permit; not required for San Carlos.

NOTE, POR FAVOR: You can cross over to Baja California Norte using the ferry from Guaymas to Santa Rosalia https://www.ferrysantarosalia.com This ferry is old and slow.

You can also cross over to Baja California Sur using the Mazatlan to La Paz ferry which is new and fast: https://www.bajaferries.com/index_ing.html Mazatlan's a gorgeous Ciudad!

Still waiting for my copy.

It's been reported that one of the Customs officers while checking the the video for contraband, saw Don's bare ass and went blind.

Still waiting for my copy.

It's been reported that one of the Customs officers while checking the the video for contraband, saw Don's bare ass and went blind.
I'm very sorry about this Bill, that scenario has played itself out before! I sure hope this does not cause problems for Seth and I to attend CFR - New Brunswick in June! If you can pull any strings for We Stanley Boys, it would be greatly appreciated!

https://gallery.me.com/mjw74#100358 Some of my fine Arizona Friends just got back from riding Mexico's Copper Canyon and they put together an incredible slideshow.

Quads, a BMW R1200GS Adventure and a Yamaha Super Tenere. Quads would be great for crappy ass dirt riders like yamafitter, rushes, fjrrider and CHRIS_D. Tucson Joe and Papa Chuy will stick with Motocicletas, ese!

https://gallery.me.com/mjw74#100358 Some of my fine Arizona Friends just got back from riding Mexico's Copper Canyon and they put together an incredible slideshow.
I like that there's more pictures of the Tenere than the other bikes! :lol:

Just out of curiosity, how much time and money would a trip like that run?

I like that there's more pictures of the Tenere than the other bikes! :lol:

Just out of curiosity, how much time and money would a trip like that run?
Just using myself as an example, I would plan on a minimum of ten days and I would budget $300 a day for this Expedition. Realistically, it probably will average out to $250 a day if you stay at the cheaper places and eat the cheapest foods and drink only water. However, you know what yamafitter, Joe and Chuy look like: We eat lobster and shrimp, we drink lots of beer and tequila and we like staying at the nicer places in Mexico. Plan on a group of at least six guys, for good security reasons!

If you want to get your feet wet riding Mexico, Old Michael and Papa Chuy are planning an All Irish Only ride to Baja California Peninsula, Mexico this coming October.

Since we know you, we would grant you a temporary Irishman's Visa. No English Whining Wankers Allowed! Dates will revolve around my 64th Birthday on October 28!

If you want to get your feet wet riding Mexico, Old Michael and Papa Chuy are planning an All Irish Only ride to Baja California Peninsula, Mexico this coming October.
Since we know you, we would grant you a temporary Irishman's Visa. No English Whining Wankers Allowed! Dates will revolve around my 64th Birthday on October 28!
Bushmill's is my drink of choice! If I could get my FJR sold I just might tag along! Entiendo un poco de español (but I'm working on it).

BushSmall.jpg

https://gallery.me.com/mjw74#100358 Some of my fine Arizona Friends just got back from riding Mexico's Copper Canyon and they put together an incredible slideshow. Quads, a BMW R1200GS Adventure and a Yamaha Super Tenere. Quads would be great for crappy ass dirt riders like yamafitter, rushes, fjrrider and CHRIS_D. Tucson Joe and Papa Chuy will stick with Motocicletas, ese!
Wow, I didn't think I see this thread again!

It has been a long time since I have posted.. How's everyone doing?

https://gallery.me.com/mjw74#100358 Some of my fine Arizona Friends just got back from riding Mexico's Copper Canyon and they put together an incredible slideshow. Quads, a BMW R1200GS Adventure and a Yamaha Super Tenere.

Quads would be great for crappy ass dirt riders like yamafitter, rushes, fjrrider and CHRIS_D. Tucson Joe and Papa Chuy will stick with Motocicletas, ese!
Wow, I didn't think I see this thread again!

It has been a long time since I have posted.. How's everyone doing?
Hi Chris, Great to hear from you, how is everything going with you? Everything is fine here: yamafitter Bill is still ugly and I'm still devilishly handsome; Joe is just so-so!

Mark your calendar for Saturday, October 27 through Sunday, November 4. Papa Chuy Viejo is leading a "By Invitation Only" ride to Mulege, Baja California Sur, Mexico.

I will lay out routing for the street pussies like Old Michael, so he can ride his FJR. But, there will be plenty of alternate dirt riding available also for Scott, Russ and You.

If we elect to ride all the way to "Land's End" in Cabo San Lucas, we will add a day before and a day after: Meaning 10/26 to 11/5. You are naturally invited to this ride!

bajamap.gif

Here we are: Quatros Amigos! Left to Right: Greg "SkooterG" Marbach, "Fast" Eddie Quarles, Don "Papa Chuy Medina aka El Burrito Ballerina" Stanley and Chuck "Frenchy" Doucet. Three old ass Army Sergeants and one young punk Annapolis Naval Academy Graduate Officer. This was our first ride with Greg, we let him know what three E-5's thought about Officers! Pic taken at Land's End!

Baja183.jpg