For All You Dirty DS Minded FJR Riders On This Forum!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bedded down near Nashville tonight and still have a day and a bit to go before touching home base. I updated the ride report and it now has Day 1 included with pictures for Scott since he is such a Goober and probably can't read.

I'm going to add this teaser for Bust-A-Nut...

1098817304_ikM6d-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bedded down near Nashville tonight and still have a day and a bit to go before touching home base. I updated the ride report and it now has Day 1 included with pictures for Scott since he is such a Goober and probably can't read.

1098817304_ikM6d-L.jpg
Brother Bill, I don't think that goats really do too much for Bustanut joker; but, I'll bet FJRay and ShinyPartsUp will be yanking it over this goat photo! And Bill, Scott is the King of the Goobers; Long Live The Goober King!!!

I left El Paso, Texas at 4:30 AM, drove for 12 hours and I was still in Texas!

I drop my bike one little time and I become the Goober King, see what you started Russ, you Goober!

1098817304_ikM6d-L.jpg
Dang Bill! You can't have any fun with those critters dressed in that safety suit.

It looks as though they gave you a run for your money, all dusty an' dirty like that. :lol:

One of the nicest things about taking a motorcycle adventure like our trek through Mexico's Copper Canyon is forming strong friendships that will last over a lifetime.

I've known Tucson Joe Alonge for 3 years now; riding on WFO's, SW-FOG's and numerous AZ Beemers Bike Runs, such as North Rim of the Grand Canyon ride.

Joe and I were ride partners and room mates on this two week run, and we looked out for each other; he fell, I picked his bike up and he did the very same for me.

I lost Cy Noel my best friend from High School 2 years ago, we did everything motorcycle and boating together. It's nice to know I now have Joe as my M/C buddy!

Mexico_2010_275.jpg

Considering that this thread is damn near old enough to drink, it's good to see everyone had a good time and is safe and sound.

This is how Scott - fjrrider got his name Q-tip, when he would go out to dinner with us he would wear his white tennis shoes and no ball cap. With the white hair on his head and the white zapatas on his feet he looked just like a long tall Texas Q-tip. Rushes hung the handle Goober on him when he tried to turn his Austrian made KTM into a submarine in Rio Batopilas!!! Only the Germans made Unterseebootes! The distinguished looking Gentleman to Scott's right is Montana Cowboy Phil Haglund.

100_0217.jpg

I think I still have 10 kilos of Mexican dirt in my lungs, my clothes were saturated with dust and are at the cleaners. It took a dozen quarters to get my bike washed up!!!

100_0244.jpg

Subscribed to the thread over at Adv Rider. Glad you guys made it back safe !
Sounds good fjrchooser, mark your calendar for March of 2012; this same "Goobers Group" is riding road bikes to Veracruz for Carnaval - Mardi Gras!

100_0152.jpg

Mas Caminos y Mas Amigos y Mas Fiesta, Arriba!!!

I pulled in to my casa at 18:00 after a stop at the first Tim Horton's I came to for a coffee and a donut.

1101257124_GsrBZ-L.jpg

I'm uploading some video and hope to get another installment of the ride report done tonight or early tomorrow.

I pulled in to my casa at 18:00 after a stop at the first Tim Horton's I came to for a coffee and a donut.

1101257124_GsrBZ-L.jpg

I'm uploading some video and hope to get another installment of the ride report done tonight or early tomorrow.
Yay!

Glad yer home safe.. :thumbsup:

This's a very interesting and highly unusual photograph, actually pictures rushes in a sober condition! Not to be observed after 1700 hours daily; while in Copper Canyon.

100_0213.jpg

One of the trip highlights was visiting Tarahumara Indian Girl's School in Cerocahui, here CHRIS_D and Phil are giving out candy to young students at Catholic School.

100_0257.jpg

I am a train fan and one of the great sights on the trip for me was constantly seeing or hearing "El Chepe", the Mexican Chihuahua-Pacifico Railroad running to the Coast at Los Mochis. It usually was high above us on the side of the cliffs or we would see it across a canyon at the same elevation of us. This is El Divisadero station stop.

100_0301.jpg

Did I mention incredibly great food we ate on this trip? We had an evening seafood meal at Huatabampolito La Playa that was excelente and huge; with killer margaritas!!

100_0189.jpg

Each evening, our various Mexican hotel managers would find us a secure enclosure, either behind walls or gated bars, where we could safely store our motos nightly.

100_0153.jpg

Batopilas was jewel of Copper Canyon cities we visited, European in flavor and actually founded by an American miner; stayed at Hotel Real de las Minas (Royal Miner).

100_0158.jpg

Another incredible activity we did was ride the new cable car (opened 11/1) to 4K ft. elevation from the rim at 8K ft.; Swiss built and amazingly quiet with a smooth ride.

100_0273.jpg

One morning, while waiting for our desayuno (breakfast) to be prepared, we were treated to a stupendous trials demonstration by our very own El Rey de Q-Tip Goober; local Chiniapas school girls were screaming out "Viva El Pendejo Grande, Viva" in awed admiration! Scott was indeed our most talented rider, when his KTM was dry!

100_0233.jpg

Always enjoyed our stops along the road and the great conversations that ensued; we'd talk about loose FJR Forum women, what a JACKASS Bust is and FJR car tires!

100_0170.jpg

Gentleman is Ivan Fernandez, Copper Canyon Tour Historian. Was a 1st for Moto Discovery, including Ivan as Historical Guide; he's a walking encyclopedia on Mexico!

100_0194.jpg

That's funny. Theirs a Tim's just north of Ellicotville NY on 219 that I always stop at coming back from the Smokey's. Theirs another near Toledo Ohio that Rob and I stopped at coming back from the 3 Amoeba tour in Sept. It's like getting a taste of home, like a beacon for a tired traveler.

That's funny. Theirs a Tim's just north of Ellicotville NY on 219 that I always stop at coming back from the Smokey's. Theirs another near Toledo Ohio that Rob and I stopped at coming back from the 3 Amoeba tour in Sept. It's like getting a taste of home, like a beacon for a tired traveler.
Something is just not quite right with you freaking Canucks! The first thing Papa Chuy wanted when he returned to Estados Unidos was some hot loving from his girlfriend Donna! And the first thing you Frostbacks want is coffee and a donut at Tim Horton's? What the FECK, have you Canuckistans never heard of sex???

Something is just not quite right with you freaking Canucks! The first thing Papa Chuy wanted when he returned to Estados Unidos was some hot loving from his girlfriend Donna! And the first thing you Frostbacks want is coffee and a donut at Tim Horton's? What the FECK, have you Canuckistans never heard of sex???
Where do you think the holes in the doughnuts come from?

Where do you think the holes in the doughnuts come from?
Point very well taken, many thanks Steve!