For All You Dirty DS Minded FJR Riders On This Forum!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are camped out at the Hotel Paraiso del Oso for the night and setting up for the last day of riding.

Here are a few photos from today to hold you over.

1093774705_c2Kyk-L.jpg

1093774092_VeoYm-L.jpg
:drag: Mehh.............. Ain't doin' a thing fer me.. :dntknw:

Show me some livestock an' I might just stick around. ;)

Yep, the boys are zooming back on the "high" road from Bahuichivo. Monday night was spent in Chinipas, then they rode to Temoris, Bahuichivo, then down to Hotel Paraiso del Oso Hotel Link and a quick side trip to Cerocahui.

Apparently, they are actually on the "low" road. Anyhow, they just hit pavement again at Divisidero. Trip over except for the haul back home.

Not to worry but I'm saving those for the ride report. Yesterday was the last day on the bikes and we took the low road through a very tight canyon that was tons of fun...

1096432491_E34sX-L.jpg

We then got back on the highway and rode over to the north rim of Urique Canyon...

1096434182_2PubH-L.jpg

There was also an opportunity to buy some handmade crafts from the locals...

1096435419_nukxG-L.jpg

We ended the day at a some cabins near Creel where this adventure all started. The lady that runs the palce does some fantastic ceramic work...

1096435669_AjZVA-L.jpg

There are so many stories to tell but I'm going to have to work on it later. I'm just too tired and I'm going to bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, what a great ride. I'm looking forward to hearing about the KTM problems. Is it true? I figured the KTM's would be the kick-ass bike of this entire ride.

Now the highlight of my entire day is looking forward to the 300 mile ride to San Diego to meet up with the Sheep Fuker. Some how I think Mexico may have offered a little more of a challenge! BeemerDon better hurry up and get his ass home so he can go on this Animal Lover (lover of animals) ride to San Diego.

Not to worry but I'm saving those for the ride report. Yesterday was the last day on the bikes and we took the low road through a very tight canyon that was tons of fun...

1096435419_nukxG-L.jpg
Yikes!!!!

WTF?? :blink: You mean to tell me Don does the basket weaving thing?

I didn't recognize him without his gear on. :eek:

1096435419_nukxG-L.jpg
Yikes!!!!

WTF?? :blink: You mean to tell me Don does the basket weaving thing?

I didn't recognize him without his gear on. :eek:
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

What an um, striking resemblance, poor woman.

Home Safe and Sound, What a Great Ride With a Real Great Group of Guys! Mas Caminos y Mas Amigos! Plan on a Veracruz Run with Papa Chuy February of 2012!

Like Don, got home today.

All I can say is WOW.

Had the time of my life.Great rides and great guys to ride with.

Hope I can post some pictures later.

Have one just for Bustanut.

He should love her.

Joe

OK, I started the ride report over on ADV Rider since I think it is a more appropriate place for it.

The link is as follows:

Copper Canyon Crazies
Good Work, Bill! In that photo of me in the restaurant, I was indeed looking up at a Holy Crucifix up on the wall, praying for divine intervention!

1096432491_E34sX-L.jpg

And you were right, my Miss Piggy - nee Salma Hayek, was much too heavy for that mountain work; a Suk 400 would have been better!

OK, I started the ride report over on ADV Rider since I think it is a more appropriate place for it.

The link is as follows:

Copper Canyon Crazies
Good Work, Bill! In that photo of me in the restaurant, I was indeed looking up at a Holy Crucifix up on the wall, praying for divine intervention!

1096432491_E34sX-L.jpg

And you were right, my Miss Piggy - nee Salma Hayek, was much too heavy for that mountain work; a Suk 400 would have been better!
Shyeah right... You were thinking "How the hell did I get myself into this fine mess?"

The link is as follows:

Copper Canyon Crazies

1096432491_E34sX-L.jpg

Shyeah right... You were thinking "How the hell did I get myself into this fine mess?"
Everytime we crashed, Barry; every time we fell! Amazingly though, I'm not busted up too bad and neither is Salma; bruised chest for me and a hurt wrist for Tucson Joe!!

Hay Bust,

I will post the girly picture for you when I learn how to post

a picture.

Have to work this weekend so it may be a while, sorry

Joe

Y'all are back, insane and sound! :clapping:

'fitter, I'm all over your report on ADVRider.

beemerdon, Bust has been despondent and sullen in your absence.

He may even have turned to the bottle.

Looking forward to all of the tales and photos.

Home safe...

Woke up this morning and had to think, was the last couple of weeks real, or a wild an crazy dream...

Dang, that was fun...