2013 FJR - Product announced!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only major new thing on it that excites me is the cruise control. It will be a nice and more refined bike, however, it doesnt really gain much on the competition. The C14 already has more power, is smoother, 6-speed, smooth gear-box, etc. Imagine if they stick the 1441cc ZX14r engine in there and add cruise. /mm

In Europe they get the switch shown on the upper left of this picture (headlight switch):

https://www.nitrographix.com/fjr1300/fjr4.jpg.
That looks like a typical European style Highbeam switch with the flash to pass function to me, not an On/Off headlight switch.

img.jpg

Don't know the function of the switch on the left handlebar all the way over on the front to the left of the windshield switch? I see a bit of labeling in some photos but can't quite read it. It may be a selecting toggle for the display screens. I can see a RESET pushbutton just to the left of the tach.

Don't know the function of the switch on the left handlebar all the way over on the front to the left of the windshield switch? I see a bit of labeling in some photos but can't quite read it. It may be a selecting toggle for the display screens. I can see a RESET pushbutton just to the left of the tach.
Windshield up/down, methinks.

but then, you did say "to the left of the windshield switch"...I fail reading comprehension!

Last edited by a moderator:
that switch (where the flash to pass used to be) is a menu switch, u can cycle thru various menus and the screen up/down switch is a multi switch that controls many things (heated grips and Screen for 2).....I think...

R

I shot a message to Yamaha asking about alternator output. I figured WTF, can't hurt, right?

I didn't go back through all 13 pages of this thread, so my apologies if that's been found out..........

(comes out of lurk mode)

Very interesting...I like it. Wish the non-AS version had USD forks and electronic suspension though.

Cruise control is da bomb, especially out here in the wild wild west.

Had to - but look at it this way: all that fancy, schmancy electro-gizmos between your right wrist and the throttle plates just mean that you'll be trying to figure out why you're so slow on the next run across VA16...

Guess that takes it off your short list.

The FJR1300 offers a significant level of power and performance. It is not intended for novice or inexperienced riders.
THANK YOU! I put that up there as a freebie and not one of these senile old bastards rose to the occasion.

(Oh look! theirs another one!)

I shot a message to Yamaha asking about alternator output. I figured WTF, can't hurt, right?

I didn't go back through all 13 pages of this thread, so my apologies if that's been found out..........
Ya I would like to know that to. Hopefully they upped it as I have maxed mine out several times....

1.I wonder if you still get to look at your elbows in the mirrors ,or if they are set out about 2" wider then the GenII's. 2. Also as stated before ,I wonder with the "touring mode ,and a wider ratio 5th gear if there will be a MPG increase when sitting on the slab all day with the cruise set on 80 plus, compared with what we are riding now.( I only need 1 or 2 MPH to top my brother,and other riding buddy's BMW GT's average milage.)Then ,I can laugh at them.(or I gotta get my shit together and get another Frankentank built for my 06.)I do like the upgrades though,and it looks as if my GenII heated seat may interchange.And tanks might interchange too!

So far I think everything that MamaYama has done to the FJR is great. But, I'll have to see her in the metal and plastic before I'll know if she makes my heart go all fluttery and my wallet goes leaky. The very sight of my 2010, still brings me joy.

DSCN1636.jpg

Had to - but look at it this way: all that fancy, schmancy electro-gizmos between your right wrist and the throttle plates just mean that you'll be trying to figure out why you're so slow on the next run across VA16...
Oh I know why I'm so slow, it's intentional.

Can't help but wondering if all those 2011/2012 buyers are now thinking "FUCK-FUCK-FUCK-FUCK-FUCK-FUCK-FUCK-FUCK-FUCK!!!"
Boy are you right there...I'm a 2011 owner and that's ALL I think (since I was 12 years old, can't get it out of my head)!

...and the new FJR gives me a chubber.

I have a question for those in the know. Its been stated somewhere that the engine itself was changed a little, not just the tranny gears but the actual block...it may have been only inferred or i misread or misinterpreted the data, i'm an engineer...happens. Would I be able to use this engine , or parts of it, in my 05 when some young turk decides to test the traction control and wads up the frame cuz it dont turn like his R1 does. I realize there are sensor/electronics that aint happenin' but could we of Gen1 ilk benefit later ? We already will as ebay and craigslist will see a few or more gen 1's go up for sale cheap....er....and that will be good for everybody.

Bobby