2014 FJR 'A' or 'ES'? decision time...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. How does this pin look like? Got any pic you can share?
...since you asked. I use it upside down from the pic with hairclip inside the trunk.

TrunkPin1.jpg

TrunkPin2.jpg
-

--G

Just my two cents worth. I sold my 2011 R1200GS last April. It had the same type of electronically adjustable suspension as the ES. Once I set it up, the only time I touched it was moving from normal to sport and back again. Yes, it did make a difference; however, if I set it on sport when I left the house everything would have been just fine. I ride solo so that worked for me. If you switch from two up or vary your load a lot, the ES is probably worth it. I recently bought a 2014 A. I did not want an ES. I'm pleasantly surprised by the handling of the new A model's handling. My 06 "needed" heavier springs. So far I don't see this in the 14. If I need improved handling, I will be setting it up for me. If you want to see some really good suspension technology, look at an Aprilia Coponard. I almost bought one, but the Feejer is hard to beat for covering ground.

Thanks again. I always ride solo as my wife didn't like to ride pillion. I weight 154 lbs without gear and so far the suspension is fine for me. I haven't played with anything (compression/rebound/preload) yet :)