2015 FJR1300 Information Released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the extra heat shields standard now? Something new to me.
On my '14 it's standard, but only on the left side. Don't ask me why.
Standard since 2013. And the theory on one side is the left side exhaust sticks out slightly more than the right to clear the final drive. I know I'd rub my size 14 boot on the left side of my '05, but not the right. Follow another FJR (of any year) and you'll see the exhausts are asymmetrical. Been posted here a bunch of times people worried their exhausts were bent.

Standard since 2013. And the theory on one side is the right side exhaust sticks out slightly more than the left to clear the swing arm. I know I'd rub my size 14 boot on the left side of my '05, but not the right. Follow another FJR (of any year) and you'll see the exhausts are asymmetrical. Been posted here a bunch of times people worried their exhausts were bent.
(Fixed it for you.)

Just had a look, that's quite right. Not a great deal of difference, though, I wouldn't have thought it needed it. Never added to the Gen IIs which are essentially identical.

2015 UK appears to be up too. Tech graphite and magnetic bronze for all three variants now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that the MSRP is the same as 2014 for both the A ($15890) and ES models ($16890). I don't recall that ever happening before...although they did asterisk it saying the price is subject to change. *Potential buyers might want to capture the price screen shot for later dealings with the dealer.
ALERT ALERT ALERT!

I think I just spotted something very interesting. The 2015 pictures do NOT include saddlebags in the stock photography. The 2014 does. Are the North American models now going to offer saddlebags as an option like most our other brethren countries in the world?

If so, we're probably talking a grand for saddlebags and another couple hundie for liners....and lots of future NEPRT threads from newbie 2015 owners asking and grousing about the change.

Grrrrrrr.......
fool.gif

2015.jpg

2014.jpg

20142015.jpg

On the Yamaha Motorsports side the side cases are referred to as :Subframe-fitted quick-release luggage mounts provide easy use of the standard accessory hard sidecases†, which are conveniently matched to the ignition key.

Makes me think they might be an extra cost item.

Maybe Skooter can provide a definitive answer

What the fooooook is a sport TOURER without bags. Insane. I would hate to have to shell out another $1,200.00 for bags that belong on the bike. I certainly hope this is not the case.

Bastadges,

Very nice to my eyes... I also liked the red. Do not like the '13s color... '14-'15 good. Wish I had cash to buy one.

On the Yamaha Motorsports side the side cases are referred to as :Subframe-fitted quick-release luggage mounts provide easy use of the standard accessory hard sidecases†, which are conveniently matched to the ignition key.
Makes me think they might be an extra cost item.

Maybe Skooter can provide a definitive answer
Same verbiage is there on the 2014 which did (does) come standard with bags in the US.

Also interesting that the Yamaha US web site still shows the 2014 A but has retracted the 2014 ES.

Also interesting that the Yamaha US web site still shows the 2014 A but has retracted the 2014 ES.
2014 ES is still there. Just go to the Specifications page and you can stack up to 3 together including many previous years.

Not appealing to me. Blue would be my colour of choice.
What he said.

Gray is not really a color, more like a lack of color.
The gray looks to me more like a shiny coat of primer waiting to be sprayed with a final top coat. It actually looks better in the Yamaha photos, but in SkooterG's pics, it just looks like primer. And more black wheels.
I'll meet with the insurance adjuster today, whom I expect will total my '06 A model. Then I'll start shopping for a leftover new 2012. Blue bike, silver wheels...works for me. Cruise control would be nice to have, but the Gen III colors just don't turn my crank.

The only exhaust shield I've seen from the factory has been on the right side (as seated).

I added my Cobra shield from the 03' to the 14' to the left side to stop melting my size 14 boots on it.

Thanks for the early "head's up" and the pictures Greg!
punk.gif

All you color-blind non-artistic types: this is a FAB-O-LA color, and almost identical to my convertible! A few low-key reflective pinstripes and she's a frickin wet dream, y'all. YEEEHAAAAW! Matches my silver helmet, and will look great as a backdrop to hi-vis biker pants.

(OK ... I've gotta develop a list of inane questions ... and practice really hard to hold a poker face ... and remember to ask about the R1 ... do NOT whip out the checkbook immediately upon walking into the dealership! Wonder if they'll entertain a discount for being the first one out the door? Sorta like "I'm your walking, talking billboard"?)

I'll probably drop by this afternoon before 5 pm and look like a meth addict after three day's sobriety.

(Fixed it for you.)
Just had a look, that's quite right. Not a great deal of difference, though, I wouldn't have thought it needed it. Never added to the Gen IIs which are essentially identical.
Thanks, yes. I'm wrong on the sides of the Gen 3's, but I did burn more on the left side of my earlier model. Weird.

Move along Debbie Downers

Graphite looks great - just like the red on your monitor, don't like it myself but it looks fantastic in person....

I like that all the accents are now black -- enhances the look..... doesn't stand out as much like the silver - personal pref....

bye bye 05 blue, finally time for an upgrade that I can live with.....

It looks like they are going to use the leftover red paint on the 2015 Super Tenere ES.

I'll net not. The light in Skooter's pic is FUBAR. I bet that thing is shiny and wilL look juuuuust fine in real life. Lots of of people running around bitching about the red, black, blue, silver, black-cherry,curelan silver and whatever color the '13 is. Seems lots of people change their mind when they see one in real life. Can't make everyone happy I guess...
The 13's are "Battleship Metallic".

I am thinking that the '15 will come standard with the saddlebags since the pics Skooter posted have the cases. If that is not the case, I may be holding on to my Honda or checking into a '14.

I sure hope it looks better in person because my local dealership is checking to see when they can order a '15 ES for me. Provided the side cases are still included.

Edit: The Features section of the website says the bike comes with "standard accessory hardcases".