2015 otd price?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting a Cee Bailey reverse flip 21" lined up. Also shopping for sliders or a cage. OES sliders don't exist for the GenIII. Looks like Trex has a decent cage setup. And I must get a Ram peg stat!

I DID give it a good coat of Turtle Wax Ice liquid wax today. Seems like great stuff. Bike dazzles and the paint is sssslick!

Not the best scenery for this pic. But she's home!
CtNKanJ.jpg
Nice bike. Congrats, and you did fine. But your home there, it's, uh, well, that's not your home really, is it?
His real name is Oscar the Grouch and he lives in the trash can behind the bike
rolleyes.gif

Hey BruinFJRguy, congrats on that nice looking 2015 FJR!! Looked like a good deal to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would wish you good luck, but you don't need it, it's an FJR!

Freight and assembly add substantially to the otd price, if the quoted $718.47 and $589.71 respectively in my attempt to enter the FJR world are indicative of real world figures..

Real world figures will vary wildly.

When I bought my 2014ES what I paid to get the bike out the door was exactly the MSRP ($16,741). That included all "add ons".

There was no destination fee or freight charge, no assembly fee (what are they going to do, sell it to you in the crate?), no handling charge, no installation fees, no taxes (we don't have sales tax in NH), no license fee and no insurance or extended warranty of any kind (I got the 4 year YES added later from D&H). And there was no trade-in to muddy the waters.

The only "add-on" was the $150 documentation fee required by the state, and that was backed out of the MSRP. It came with a 20 day plate on it and I handled all my insurance, registration and title myself at my town hall. That's how it is done here.

Could I have paid less? Maybe a little, at some additional effort on my part. But they had the bike that I wanted, in the color I wanted, locally to where I wanted it, and when I wanted it.

I do find it amusing that many places will mark down the price of a vehicle only to add-on a bunch of BS fees and charges.

2016 A, MSRP $16,390. I paid $15,200 + $90.25 Title/License/Reg + $150 Doc Fee + $1,322.40 WA sales tax. (no dealer prep or freight)

My OTD price was $16,762.65

a good deal is always subjective. No matter what there will always be that guy that gets a better one, or claims to. Make the best deal you can and if you think it's good, then it is, period.

OTD pricing is exactly that, but most people don't understand what that even means. I was $15,200 out the door on 15' ES in March 2015, which was no trade, including tax, title, licensing and all fees. For me it was great deal and I am completely satisfied... But I can tell you that over the next few months I read about people paying thousands less... One guy even stated he got a brand new 15 ES for under $11K OTD. We all know it's bullshit, but to me it didn't matter. I got my deal, it was real and the bottom line is I got exactly what I wanted for a price I thought was good. I haven't looked back since, so my advise is this. If you think it's a good deal, then it's a good deal. The key is to not settle for less than what you want. I mean I could have saved some money on a left over 14' A model. But that's not what I wanted.

Good luck

Dealer cost is approximately 85% of MSRP. On a 2016 ES at $18k MSRP the dealer pays about $15.2 for the bike. An MSRP sales nets him a little over $3k after profit and Yamaha holdback to the dealer. A "good deal" is talking the dealer down to about 5% profit. That would be $16k for an ES. There should be no shipping or setup fees. Tax and license are location dependent so they should be included in the formula.

For last year's model this all pretty much goes out the window because the dealer has more incentive to get ride of the old stock including incentives from Yamaha at times.

I"m in the throes of negotiating with a local dealer on a 2015A. So far we are at $12,490 + fees for an OTD of $14,732. I'm in California so the sales tax is a ball buster. How am I doing?

I"m in the throes of negotiating with a local dealer on a 2015A. So far we are at $12,490 + fees for an OTD of $14,732. I'm in California so the sales tax is a ball buster. How am I doing?
According to data I've collected from various sources I have the following. MRSP for a 2015A was $15,890. Dealer cost was $13,435. D&H was selling them for about $14,000 including all costs except tax and license. What's your price with all fees except tax and license? Assuming 9% sales tax you're at $13,515. $175 for license and your base price is $13,340. So you're $660 below an excellent deal last year.

I don't know how to compare a current sale price relative to last year's price for last year's model??

Since you're in the captive CAL emissions market, choices for new purchase are more limited than the rest of us.

From THIS handy calculator, your TT&L looks to be about $1258 so your dealer is adding approximately $984 in fees [extra profit] to the purchase. I'd do my best to cut that in half and call it a good deal for an OTD price of $14,200 ish.

Good luck!

--G

For those tracking prices, I was notified today that Yamaha is offering the 15A to dealers at a substantial discount- my dealer bought 12 and is selling them for $9999, or $11210 OTD at my 6.25% tax rate. I also priced a 16A at $15600 OTD. I was interested in a 16, but what a deal.

For those tracking prices, I was notified today that Yamaha is offering the 15A to dealers at a substantial discount- my dealer bought 12 and is selling them for $9999, or $11210 OTD at my 6.25% tax rate. I also priced a 16A at $15600 OTD. I was interested in a 16, but what a deal.
Well there you go. You compare FNG's deal of $13,340 base price compared to $10k. Sounds like his dealer is making BIG $s on that 2015A deal! More than most dealers are making selling 2016 E's at MSRP!!

A good friend bought a 2016A 2 weeks ago in Atlanta for $16.2 OTD (including all fees and GA 6.5% sales tax). He did find better pricing elsewhere in the country but could not justify any of those deals including fly & ride fees so he bought it locally.

That's a smokin deal on a 2015!!

So do I call the dealer and say "hey, I heard Yamaha is offering the 15A to dealers at $9999. What can you do for me?