2015 otd price?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those tracking prices, I was notified today that Yamaha is offering the 15A to dealers at a substantial discount- my dealer bought 12 and is selling them for $9999, or $11210 OTD at my 6.25% tax rate. I also priced a 16A at $15600 OTD. I was interested in a 16, but what a deal.
I may visit Rich's Yamaha in Lockport. as well.

Thanks mise for the pricing heads up. I checked with several local dealers and they did not have any available at this awesome OTD price point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it will be this time next year before the 2016 will be deeply discounted. Assuming there's any left over.

I don't think you'll see this kind of discounting on the 2016's (edited to add: Have not seen this kind of discounting before). My best guess is the 2013's sold well being a new generation. The 2014's sold great due to color. The 2015's I think sold decent. Good color, gen III. But where normally people are buying discounted 2015's at the end of the year and into the next year, the 2016's came out in a very popular color with enough changes that maybe people stopped buying 2014's and 2015's. Heavy discounts to follow.

I also wonder if there is something else in the works. They seem really anxious to get rid of old inventory while they can. 2015's are beautiful bikes. Don't know if they needed to discount them THIS much. It's crazy pricing for a one year old new bike.

As I was discussing with Pants via pm, This kind of discounts have me a little concerned.

First, I do not currently have the money to snatch up one of these premium deals. There are a few celebrity bikes out there with less than 12K miles and are farkled well also.

Second, The heavy discounts on the new bikes have me wondering if spending 9K on a zero mile bike is better than the above type of bike.

Third, I hope some of these deals are available this winter when I get the money from my after school job I currently am working to pay for a new bike.

Fourth, like deagle said, the prices currently listed by some of the dealerships make me wonder either how much markup is in them and/or what is coming in 17 to necessitate such a price slash? (this comment is not to start 362 separate threads about 2017FJRs)

Finally, Stop posting all the fabulous deals that are out there, I am so envious of hearing your successful buying stories. I am as green as Lisa's Bike.

I think some may be reading too much into these reduced prices on the 2015's. The 2016, whether we call it a new generation here on the forum or not, had a bunch of "added features" to the platform, and most buyers looking for a brand new bike are going to want the 16 (or later) for the 6 speed transmission.

The ES bikes all sold pretty well in both colors. Most of the red bikes have been sold already, so it's just the remaining 2015 A's that are sitting there. The older they get the harder they will be to move, so they drop the prices. I doubt there will be much of anything that changes for 2017 besides the color. But we were all surprised by the 2016 release.

Similar to the ABS being an option at one time, I wouldn't be surprised to see them doing away with the 'A' model either in the near future.

I found two different dealers in PA who had good deals on a brand new 2015 FJR1300A, $9795 and $9979. They each had more than one available and they were both reasonable on their freight/prep/doc fees so they end up being $10,503 and $10,454 out the door for an out of state buyer. You then have to account to having it shipped to you or traveling to pick it up, $400-600 plus time. I couldn't find any dealers in Texas, or anywhere else down south, that had access to these bikes so I think it was a regional thing up north. It would have cost me $11,000 with shipping to get the bike got to Texas and then sales tax and registration would be another $700 so I would be $11,700 all in. I knew it would take three to four weeks to have a bike delivered from PA and there was always the risk of damage in transit. I did find a dealer in Texas with a 2015 in stock that was willing to deal. I told them time is worth something to me so if they could get there price down to $12,000 all in I would pick it up the next day.

MotoUnited in La Habra , CA (SoCal), where I bought mine, has a couple listed at $10,999. I paid $11,200 plus tax, no prep no freight. I imagine the $10,999 would be tax only also.

MotoUnited in La Habra , CA (SoCal), where I bought mine, has a couple listed at $10,999. I paid $11,200 plus tax, no prep no freight. I imagine the $10,999 would be tax only also.
I am going to call Moto United tomorrow and see if they will honor this deal. I saw the deal listed on CycleTrader so it looks like the bike is available. I have my fingers crossed...

I read on another thread that the YES warranty should be $400. How many years should this cover beyond the first year warranty? Thanks.

I read on another thread that the YES warranty should be $400. How many years should this cover beyond the first year warranty? Thanks.
This is all covered in the New Owners Read this we strongly suggested you read when you signed up...as well as pinned for you convenience. #26.

I am going to call Moto United tomorrow and see if they will honor this deal. I saw the deal listed on CycleTrader so it looks like the bike is available. I have my fingers crossed...

Call and talk to Adam and tell him Jordan sent you. I emailed with him just yesterday discussing an FZ-10, which I am anxious to try but won't be buying it till it comes way down in price. I told him I plug his deal every chance I get and he confirmed he has another for that.

The deal should still be $11k plus only state tax, which you might not have to pay if it goes to AZ but I don't know for sure. They offered 5 more years of YES for $799. He'll be bummed he won't get to upsell it to you for that, but he'll probably add it on for cost, which apparently is $400, if you ask real nice, just like he did for me. Just mention that you already discovered that there is a dealer in Alabama and I think Phili will do it for $400 (somewhere around there, anyhow).

Call and talk to Adam and tell him Jordan sent you. I emailed with him just yesterday discussing an FZ-10, which I am anxious to try but won't be buying it till it comes way down in price. I told him I plug his deal every chance I get and he confirmed he has another for that.

The deal should still be $11k plus only state tax, which you might not have to pay if it goes to AZ but I don't know for sure. They offered 5 more years of YES for $799. He'll be bummed he won't get to upsell it to you for that, but he'll probably add it on for cost, which apparently is $400, if you ask real nice, just like he did for me. Just mention that you already discovered that there is a dealer in Alabama and I think Phili will do it for $400 (somewhere around there, anyhow).
Jordan, thank you so much for this referral! I called Adam this morning. He was very straightforward. Definitely a nice guy to work with. He hooked me up with a brand new, zero miles 2015 FJR1300 A for $10,990 plus $80 doc fee. He gave me the 5 year warranty for $400. Since I live in a different state, I do not have to pay sales tax or registration. So the OTD price is $11,470. I will get a 3-day registration from my AZ MVD for a dollar so I can legally ride the bike home and register it in AZ. Now, here is the best part. Since the bike is brand new, it qualifies for the 3.9% Yamaha 3 year financing!

I am so excited!!!!! Thank you so much for telling me about Adam and this incredible deal!!!!!! I pick up my brand new 2015 FJR on Saturday morning!!!! YAY!!!!

Jordan, thank you so much for this referral! I called Adam this morning. He was very straightforward. Definitely a nice guy to work with. He hooked me up with a brand new, zero miles 2015 FJR1300 A for $10,990 plus $80 doc fee. He gave me the 5 year warranty for $400. Since I live in a different state, I do not have to pay sales tax or registration. So the OTD price is $11,470. I will get a 3-day registration from my AZ MVD for a dollar so I can legally ride the bike home and register it in AZ. Now, here is the best part. Since the bike is brand new, it qualifies for the 3.9% Yamaha 3 year financing!

I am so excited!!!!! Thank you so much for telling me about Adam and this incredible deal!!!!!! I pick up my brand new 2015 FJR on Saturday morning!!!! YAY!!!!
Outstanding! Congrats, Birdman! Yeah, Adam is one of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Glad it worked out.

You flying into town to ride home?

Outstanding! Congrats, Birdman! Yeah, Adam is one of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Glad it worked out.

You flying into town to ride home?
My buddy and I are driving out on Friday. I am staying with my mom and he is staying with his brother. It gives me a chance to be the "good son" and my buddy hasn't seen his brother in a while. On Saturday morning, he is picking me up and we are heading to Moto United to pick up my motorcycle. Adam took my deposit and all of my credit information so he can have everything ready to go when I get there on Saturday morning. He even gave me the VIN for the motorcycle so I can get a 3-day Special Permit so I can legally ride the motorcycle home to register it here in Arizona. My buddy and I are going to take turns riding the motorcycle back to AZ. All I know is that I get to ride the first leg back!

I did it! I purchased the 2015 brand new FJR1300A from Moto United in La Habra. Adam was absolutely perfect! He had all of the paperwork ready to go. Everything was exactly as we discussed over the phone. I signed four or five papers and then we spent the rest of the time talking about the new FJR! Adam went through all of the electronics -- several pages of menus! He showed me everything about the bike. I really like the quick-release side cases and the power adapter in the side pocket!

Adam was fantastic! The whole experience was fantastic! My buddy and I had a great ride out to California. I sold my old motorcycle to a gentleman out there. Then, my buddy and I had an even better ride back to Arizona! Yes, it was better because we were taking turns riding the brand new 2015 FJR! The only thing is that we had to keep the revs at 4500 or less (83 miles per hour) for the trip back because the bike has a 600 mile break-in period. 83 mph -- that was fast enough (for now). :)

I am so happy! I really enjoyed the purchasing experience (thank you Adam!!!). I love the bike! I love the color! I love the very smooth power band. YAY!!!!!

FJR1.jpg

FJR2.jpg

FJR3.jpg

FJR4.jpg

So you're sayin' you like it?
smile.png

(Congrats and best of luck with it.)