2015 otd price?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NICE! I gotta say, I'm a big fan of the color myself!
Looks like deja vu all over again! Glad it worked out for you!
Seems like it was only yesterday for my steal of a deal, OK it was 3 weeks ago. I'm enjoying it more with each ride and the see you next time.

Alright, just a follow-up to my 2015 FJR1300A purchase. I keep hunting for the top gear. I look down and I am already in the 5th gear. I can see why the six gears are so popular on the 2016. In addition, I found out that I have to pay sales tax here in Arizona even though I bought the bike out of state. Damn. Our sales tax is fairly low on motorcycles (5.9%). The sales tax with be around $648. Still, my final out the door price will be very low:

$10,990

$80 doc fee

$400 for the 5 year YES warranty (1 yr on bike plus 4 yrs YES)

$648 tax

------

$12,118 grand total

I am very happy with this price for a brand new, zero miles 2015 FJR1300A (thanks to Moto United in La Habra, CA). I especially love the Sport mode on this bike. I was getting on the freeway and two slow cars were blocking me. We cannot split lanes out here. As soon as they left enough room to pass, I grabbed some throttle. I hit 90 mph before I got to the end of the on-ramp. Damn! This FJR feels a lot like the Ninja 1000 that I used to own. I really love this bike! My only complaint? I have left my turn signals blinking a few times already...

In addition, I found out that I have to pay sales tax here in Arizona even though I bought the bike out of state. Damn. Our sales tax is fairly low on motorcycles (5.9%). The sales tax with be around $648.
You always pay sales/use tax in your home State when you register an out of State vehicle purchase. Sometimes the dealer you purchase from tries to charge you sales tax in their State. Here in Washington they will credit you sales tax paid out of State when you register your vehicle so it works out the same. I don't think they will pay you back for excess sales tax paid out of State though. Given our tax is nearly 10% it's typically not an issue.

When I bought my FJR in Colorado, they charged me what NM sales tax would cost me, and then cut me a check for that amount. When I got to NM to register my bike, I just signed the check over. Awesome!

When I bought my FJR in Colorado, they charged me what NM sales tax would cost me, and then cut me a check for that amount. When I got to NM to register my bike, I just signed the check over. Awesome!
That's the first time I've heard of that one! :) D&H just has you sign an out of State purchase form so they can justify adding no sales tax to the paperwork. I wonder why the CO dealer would want to go through that hassle?? Maybe they don't do many out of State deals.....

That's the first time I've heard of that one! :) D&H just has you sign an out of State purchase form so they can justify adding no sales tax to the paperwork. I wonder why the CO dealer would want to go through that hassle?? Maybe they don't do many out of State deals.....
They do a ton of them, and it made my life super easy. I didn't have to come up with out of pocket money when I got home. That was the easiest bike sale ever. The best part? My initial set up was flawless. Never had any issues after the purchase.

I picked up my 15' from Mike at Highlands Yamaha In LaGrange, IL with the 4 yr YES for $11,500 OTD.

I was quoted $12,200 at another local dealer.

For those tracking prices, I was notified today that Yamaha is offering the 15A to dealers at a substantial discount- my dealer bought 12 and is selling them for $9999, or $11210 OTD at my 6.25% tax rate. I also priced a 16A at $15600 OTD. I was interested in a 16, but what a deal.

16a $15.7 OTD..in NJ 7% sales tax. With YES coverage