2018 International Motorcycle Shows

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creg-ny-baa

Reaction score
I read about someone going to AIM Expo in Cincinnati, and it got me to thinking about the IMS shows. Google is your friend, and I found this:

The 2017-2018 Progressive® IMS Tour dates and cities are as follows:

•  Long Beach, CA: November 17-19, 2017, Long Beach Convention Center
  •  New York, NY: December 1-3, 2017, Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
  •  Minneapolis, MN: December 8-10, 2017, Minneapolis Convention CenteS
  •  Cleveland, OH: January 26-28, 2018, I-X Center
  •  Dallas, TX: February 2-4, 2018, Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center
  •  Chicago, IL: February 9-11, 2018, Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
  •  Washington D.C.: February 23-25, 2018, Walter E. Washington Convention Center

So, once again, if you live south of DC, you can just eat s**t and die.

If you have connection to Progressive, you might (either because you live in the South, or you feel our pain) express your disappointment in the omission of this section of the motorcycling country.

Well, yea...But y'all had the AIMEXPO in Orlando Florida for the past two years, I think. And besides, the IMS shows haven't been all that good since the 2008 recession. Yes, it feeds a need, but you cats can ride 365 while the rest of us are buried in cold white shiite. We need even a crappy motorcycle show just to survive the winter.

I am 5 hours from Dallas and will be free of work when the show comes to town---itching to see the new Honda F6B and GL :)

I was disappointed that they continue to ignore the South. Nothing in Nashville, nothing in Atlanta, nothing in Charlotte, etc. They didnt even toss us minor bones, like Cincinnati or Lexington.

We ride 365 ... so they need to show us their stuff. This is a big market to ignore.

I went the last time they brought it to Atlanta. I enjoyed it and would go again if it was within half a days drive.

^^^^

That was us. Made the schlep to Atlanta at least twice, including once in the snow. Plus the years in Greenville and Charlotte. Crowds were down, but at least there were a few vendors.