Long Beach International Motorcycle Show Ride CANCELED!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two weeks away and this is all that want to go? We live in sunny SoCal! We can ride all year long! And this is it?
Brother Simon, have you ever considered using deodorant and washing your clothes? jes' sayin' and nuff said!
Don - I take a shower at least once a week, whether I need it or not! I can wear my clothes for many weeks on end before they start to itch and I wash them...

I will be attending the show on the 7th, but am riding up with a small group. Probably see you guys at the show.
Look for us, we'll be the fairly dysfunctional looking lot wondering around....

Unfortunately, I'm out now. Too much happening, all at once, this time of year. Have fun being dysfunctional without me!

Going to this show but in Cleveland on Saturday Feb 1

My dealer has a 56 seat coach rented from Rochester (NY). It was $65/pp and included the admission. I didn't think that was all that bad considering we can bring a soft sided cooler with our adult beverages of choice. Could make for a very fun 3+hr ride
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
***NOTE: We'll meet at SB and go rain or shine If you want to drive a cage that's fine, it's happened before. Current weather forecast shows rain, but it is SoCal, so ya never know...
wink.png

Added this note to original post.

We will be at SB rain or shine. I want to ride but the wife is pushing to cage if its raining
bike.gif

With the forecast showing 80% chance of rain on Saturday and 0% on Sunday, I'll miss you guys on Saturday - I'll go Sunday instead.

The rain forecast has been revised to 90% on Saturday, still 0% on Sunday.

If anyone wants to meet on Sunday at 0900 at Starbucks, post here. Otherwise I'll just head straight to the convention center.

(I'm sure our friends from the Specific North Wet are giggling and wondering where we left our Man Cards. Since we rarely get rain down here, I opt to avoid it when I have the option - which leaves about 340 days of Sunshine, lollipops and No rainbows.)

Sorry Simon I hate flaking out but we are going to go on Sunday instead to miss the rain. We want to get there early to sign up for demo rides. Last year we were there at 10 and most bikes were booked for the entire day already.

The wheels have pretty much fell off this one.

The rain forecast has been revised to 90% on Saturday, still 0% on Sunday. If anyone wants to meet on Sunday at 0900 at Starbucks, post here. Otherwise I'll just head straight to the convention center. (I'm sure our friends from the Specific North Wet are giggling and wondering where we left our Man Cards. Since we rarely get rain down here, I opt to avoid it when I have the option - which leaves about 340 days of Sunshine, lollipops and No rainbows.)

Sorry Simon I hate flaking out but we are going to go on Sunday instead to miss the rain. We want to get there early to sign up for demo rides. Last year we were there at 10 and most bikes were booked for the entire day already.
I understand. I can't make Sunday. Enjoy and ride safe. ;)

***UPDATE 12/6/13 14:35**

Pretty much everyone but Fairlaner backed out. No one will be meeting at SB. We'll still be at the LB Convention Center Show at 9:30am if anyone wants to meet up. Sorry
sad.png

Hell, if I could get the bike out the driveway I'd go. No, even with the car tire I won't chain up the Hippo.

Simon, would you please check out the new KTM Superduke? KTM says they will reveal the price at your show.

Not that I'm looking to sell my 990 but I am curious on what it will sell for.

lots o photos please

***UPDATE 12/6/13 14:35**Pretty much everyone but Fairlaner backed out. No one will be meeting at SB. We'll still be at the LB Convention Center Show at 9:30am if anyone wants to meet up. Sorry
sad.png
Yep we suck. I blame Bill for it all.

Hell, if I could get the bike out the driveway I'd go. No, even with the car tire I won't chain up the Hippo.
Simon, would you please check out the new KTM Superduke? KTM says they will reveal the price at your show.

Not that I'm looking to sell my 990 but I am curious on what it will sell for.

lots o photos please
Ok. I'll call you when I ride it off the showroom floor.