Alaska 2016

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 11 was back through Anchorage and onto Valdez. Definitely want to get gas every chance you can. A couple of times were very close for the stock tanks.

IMG_1234a_zpsz5sug8ze.jpg

IMG_1271a_zpsvd6jvczu.jpg

IMG_1282a_zpsgqqpdsi6.jpg

IMG_1318a_zpssxmkdby5.jpg

IMG_1358a_zpsieuroqcv.jpg

IMG_1386a_zpsahmbcdod.jpg

IMG_1416a_zpstkw6ci6w.jpg

IMG_1470a_zpser3rzjuw.jpg

The most spectacular mountain pass we crossed is Thompson Pass about 22 miles outside of Valdez

20160605_170720a_zpswhywz3wv.jpg

IMG_1671a_zpsxq5aovny.jpg

IMG_1711a_zpsdugrvm4g.jpg

The end of the road in Valdez

IMG_1657a_zpsqxavkrrx.jpg

Wow. Awesome, breathtaking scenery. Thanks for sharing those photos.

I've never had any desire to go to Alaska, but after seeing those pictures, I am understanding it more.

Again, thanks for sharing. Long trips can sometimes be fatiguing...I hope you were able to drink it in during the trip...and if not, get that second sip during this beautiful report.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Awesome, breathtaking scenery. Thanks for sharing those photos.I've never had any desire to go to Alaska, but after seeing those pictures, I am understanding it more.

Again, thanks for sharing. Long trips can sometimes be fatiguing...I hope you were able to drink it in during the trip...and if not, get that second sip during this beautiful report.
We planned the trip so we could do higher mileage days at first getting to Fairbanks, then we had several days where the ride was only 150-200 miles so we could stop and smell the flowers or go on a cruise. Then at the end we blasted through areas that we had already seen in 2011.

The thing about it is just how massive the state is and the scenery goes on and on.

I remember thinking the same thing after George and I followed you guy's a couple of weeks later to BC, Vista after Vista.

Now I have to follow again, like I said WOW!