BMRx 2016 has been announced

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, got the corners for Triangle H into Google Maps already, and am considering a vurrry niiiize hotel for the start/finish since Aunt Kelly has decided to go as co-pilot. Anybody know anything about the Aska Lodge?

Looks like Super8 has outposts in Elkins and Mountain Home.

................................................................................................................................................................

Aunt Kelly has "asked" that we stop every time she sees something scenic, so she can take a photo. (Here's hoping the bonus locations all qualify as scenic.)

Thanks, man. Been single far too long. Ummmm, to be clear: we're not married ...... yet. She's great, and there's nothing like a 4-hour Sena conversation with a babe while rolling through the countryside on an FJR.

Aunt Kelly rode on a 6-hour BMR ride last fall, and was OK. We now have a fabulous Garauld sissy bar that allows her to move around a little, so she should be able to do BMRx Triangle H: 2,000 miles over a 3-day weekend, with mandatory 6-hour rest periods at each corner.

You planning on a BMRx entry? Know anything about the Aska Lodge in Blue Ridge?

Considering it if my bike gets fixed and my schedule allows. Never heard of Aska. If I get back on the road I'll do a scouting run up that way.

Tyler posted: Five stars on Yelp and TripAdvisor so it seems people like it!
wink.png
Yep, read those, and drooled at the photos. Jacuzzi tub may ease our muscles get me brownie points prior to takeoff. (It will be a very long weekend. I may need a LOT of brownie points.)

Looks like I may need to see about getting that weekend off and try to make this my first rally/long distance run. Done some 600+ mile days up thru North GA up into North Carolina and Tenn. Maybe I can talk them into letting me have that weekend off.

Registered and time off put in for (tentatively approved). Anyone following along with Uncle HUD on his Blue Ridge-WV-AR-Blue Ridge route interested in splitting a room for the rally?

Doug

Got an "all participants" email moments ago from RenoJohn. If you haven't signed up yet, now would be a good time: clicky. In the next few weeks, he'll confirm the entry list and check the bonus-by-phone software for all entrants.

RFlagg42: If you're doing Triangle H clockwise, we'll cross on Day 1. If you're doing it anti-clockwise, you'll only see us kicking your butt on the scoreboard. (If you're doing Triangle H, hallelujah! Keep the hotshots off Triangle H.)

Doug36854: PM headed your way.

Last edited by a moderator:
RFlagg42: If you're doing Triangle H clockwise, we'll cross on Day 1. If you're doing it anti-clockwise, you'll only see us kicking your butt on the scoreboard.
I won't know which direction I'm going until I see the rally pack the morning of... If I'm on an interstate, I'll be on the lookout for a FJR in the far right lane
rolleyes.gif

RFlagg42: If you're doing Triangle H clockwise, we'll cross on Day 1. If you're doing it anti-clockwise, you'll only see us kicking your butt on the scoreboard.
I won't know which direction I'm going until I see the rally pack the morning of... If I'm on an interstate, I'll be on the lookout for a FJR in the far right lane
rolleyes.gif
Look for 2 of 'em

Doug36854 and I will be riding together for this one. Looking forward to sunshine, cool weather, and no traffic!

Mock bonus list has been posted. Practice your routing skills until your brain is numb!

There's still time to enter, and plenty of time to prepare ...

Aunt Kelly is in!

Phone has been tested, and Senas synched, although the Audio Multitasking feature isn't working. Maybe it works if you set the switch opposite of what it says in the manual.

edit 3 mins later: Nope. Apparently, audio multitasking does not work on her unit, because it damn sure works on my unit and I know how it's supposed to operate. Furkin high-tech FAIL.

Hey Hud,

Doing Triangle F myself, so AR is a point on mine too. I'll keep eyes peeled for you all.

Good luck to everyone. This is a fantastic rally and it looks even better than last year. You'd be hard pressed to find a better bunch of folks anywhere.

Banzai!

Yippee! Got Aunt Kelly on the back and doug36854 alongside. All the big dogs better watch out, because we'll be the team to beat!

(Thank goodness; a lot of the big dogs are on different triangles than us.)

Dear RFlagg42,

During my mandatory phone conversation with RenoJohn last night, he mentioned that 17 people will be starting from Blue Ridge, GA. Seventeen people on motorcycles, clustered in this intersection at 7:15 on Friday morning to get a picture of the Coldwell Banker building, ... well, I'll bet that's going to be interesting to the Blue Ridge Police Department.

Sorry we'll miss each other!

Dear Everybody Else: Anybody on the Forum starting here? Want to have dinner together the night before?

During my mandatory phone conversation with RenoJohn last night, he mentioned that 17 people will be starting from Blue Ridge, GA. Seventeen people on motorcycles, clustered in this intersection at 7:15 on Friday morning to get a picture of the Coldwell Banker building, ... well, I'll bet that's going to be interesting to the Blue Ridge Police Department.
Sounds like fun, although I'm surprised that the number is that large.

It's a small town, I doubt there will much traffic at that time of morning.

Have a great rally !!!