Candy Butt Association 800

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home safe. Longest miles per tank yet by the CBA Prez. LOL, 385 miles no stop. I'm a wimp.

Pops still clinging.

Prayers going out Don. Glad you made the trip(s) in fine fashion. I am kinda wondering if JamesK's OD came into your mind as the miles rolled along. (
rolleyes.gif
)

Really hope and pray for the best for you and your family. Also hope I get to meet my CBA prez before my pretend LD riding is through.

Take care and may you find peace in an unlikely situation.

Good to see you're home safe. You will however have to step down as CBA president.
smile.png

All the best for you and your father.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had the same life adventure with Syl's mom through most of 2013 Don, and she finally passed peacefully 3 days after we gathered all of her kids, all of her grandkids and all of her great-grandkids to say goodbye in October. She was so lucid, hammed it up for pictures, and had such energy during that weekend, that our boys (her grandkids) were dumbfounded when we called to let them know she was gone 3 days later. (but we were just there! she was doing so well!) I firmly believe that she called on some inner resource to hang on until we all gathered and to rally and create some strong final memories for us all. Our best thoughts go out to you my friend and may your Dad's final journey be mercifully gentle...

Dad is now on his second honeymoon with Mom and at peace. 0100 this morning.

I'm heading back to Oregon early tomorrow with truck and trailer.

Sincerely I say Thank You to one and all for the moral support, on line and off line during this trying time. Your kind words and sage advice have been wonderful and greatly appreciated. What a great place this community is all due to the individuals who participate. I'm proud to 'know' each and everyone of you, virtually or in the so-called 'real' world.

Don

What a wonderful way to express this. I wish I could come up with something eloquent to say, but I'm sure you know that this forum and its members are thinking of you and sending prayers, good ju-ju and more.

Sincerely I say Thank You to one and all for the moral support, on line and off line during this trying time. Your kind words and sage advice have been wonderful and greatly appreciated. What a great place this community is all due to the individuals who participate. I'm proud to 'know' each and everyone of you, virtually or in the so-called 'real' world.

Don
Again, my words fail.

"Reach out your hand if your cup be empty

If your cup is full may it be again

Let it be known there is a fountain

That was not made by the hands of man" ~ R.H.

My thoughts are with you, Don.

Dang Don...I just read this. Don't even know what prompted me to open it up. I am very sorry about your dad. My dad has been gone since January 2011, and I miss him every day. I'm glad you got to be with him and take care of him this last weekend. You're in my thoughts Don. If you need anything, just let us know.

Don
:(

Please accept my sympathy for your loss. It's never easy dealing with the loss of a family member. I hope his passing was peaceful and without suffering.

Don
Don, sorry for your loss. I am glad you were able to visit before he did pass.