Central Florida tech day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fljab,

Thanks,

This is gonna be some meet!! Got me thinking now you've been talking tires.....maybe if they're not all spoken for before I arrive I'll take a closer look! Mine is getting down but not sure how many more miles might be left in her.

Low temps are ok with me, better than rain! Reckon I'll be ok to get there, have gps and a riding partner who will cover my mistakes I'm sure!

Heading out on I-4 then SR417 and 50 to US 1 I believe.

Steve

fljab,Thanks,

This is gonna be some meet!! Got me thinking now you've been talking tires.....maybe if they're not all spoken for before I arrive I'll take a closer look! Mine is getting down but not sure how many more miles might be left in her.

Low temps are ok with me, better than rain! Reckon I'll be ok to get there, have gps and a riding partner who will cover my mistakes I'm sure!

Heading out on I-4 then SR417 and 50 to US 1 I believe.

Steve
I got a hell of a deal on my used tires LOL. I just went out to look and forgot about a good used front I also have - I think it's a Pirelli Diablo that I purchased in the Yukon. I got "tourist" pricing on that one, and was damned happy to pay it...

But that's another subject!

On your route here, unless you just want to ride through Titusville, when you get to SR 50 & I 95, head north two exits to SR 46 and go into Mims.

From Valrico, it's quicker to go I-4 to 417 to 528 (Beachline) to the 407/Titusville/KSC cutoff to I-95 North to SR 46 Exit 223 to beautiful downtowm Mims, then north on US1. Then you'll arrive here:

If you don't want to do it that way, at least take the East-West 408 off of 417 to avoid Union Park. Trust me, I avoid Orlando any way I can, which is difficult going anywhere west.

Last edited by a moderator:
16 Nathans and 16 Sabrett Hot Dogs (New York's Finest) with Buns, Cooked onion sauce and Sauerkraut are in the fridge ready to go!
nyam.gif

The Buns will be picked up fresh at the local Walmart in Sanford that morning. If anyone is thinking that it's too many..... NOOOOO!!! It's Not!
no.gif

There is NO such thing as Too many Hot Dogs!!
blum.gif
I want first dibs for the position of official helper for anyone changing their tires, Please!
download.gif

16 Nathans and 16 Sabrett Hot Dogs (New York's Finest) with Buns, Cooked onion sauce and Sauerkraut are in the fridge ready to go!
nyam.gif

The Buns will be picked up fresh at the local Walmart in Sanford that morning. If anyone is thinking that it's too many..... NOOOOO!!! It's Not!
no.gif

There is NO such thing as Too many Hot Dogs!!
blum.gif
I want first dibs for the position of official helper for anyone changing their tires, Please!
download.gif
Wifey said today that instead of mac'n'cheese, maybe chili would go over better with the cool temps; sound OK all?

As to official tire changer helper - I don't think that's gonna be a problem you filling that spot! I just set the concrete anchors a little bit ago for the changer over in it's new spot. I've had a heck of a time keeping them in (the anchors) so this time went with a different design and set them in epoxy.

Uhhhhh..... Did someone say: Chili?! Hot Dogs and Chili on a nippy day is the Best! I'm In. Hello... My name is Vic, and I'm a Chiliholic.
rolleyes.gif

I volunteer my time and my taste buds at the local Chili Cook off Contest every year in my town just to eat all the Chili I can. I need Help!
grin.gif

Chili dogs! Yum!

Do we need spoons for the tire changing?

I have a rim protector and spoons. I have spooned 2 rear tires lately, so I could assist with this task. I need electrical help on my 08. My farkles are due in Thursday, many boxes...

My day will be busy!

Chili dogs! Yum!Do we need spoons for the tire changing?

I have a rim protector and spoons. I have spooned 2 rear tires lately, so I could assist with this task. I need electrical help on my 08. My farkles are due in Thursday, many boxes...

My day will be busy!
Bring what you got, but I did just get two new 26" "tar arns".

We'll try and get your electrical farkles & fixes done, and if we can't on that day, you know where I live.

Chili dogs? Will 16 be enough? :)

Jim, thanks for the directions advice, as I'm never on that side of Orlando. Do you still have a red mailbox?

Gotta love Google Earth! ;)

Chili + onion sauce + sour kraut = epic trip to the throne when I get home!

Jim, thanks for the directions advice, as I'm never on that side of Orlando. Do you still have a red mailbox?Gotta love Google Earth!
wink.png
Yes. The Magnum wagon is gone, but the old wagon is still there plus some other vehicles.

New Yorkers eat them every day, twice a day! I don't remember anyone doing the green apple quick step running down the streets squeezing their cheeks! I think you'll be alright. Lmao!! :)) The taste will make it well worth it if you do! :)))

New Yorkers eat them every day, twice a day! I don't remember anyone doing the green apple quick step running down the streets squeezing their cheeks! I think you'll be alright. Lmao!! :)) The taste will make it well worth it if you do! :)))
I'm sure they do, but give them southern fried chicken and collard greens, and watch them run like Usain Bolt! I look forward to the tastings!

I'm sure they do, but give them southern fried chicken and collard greens, and watch them run like Usain Bolt! I look forward to the tastings!
That made me pee my pants laughing! Note to myself: Stay the hell away from collard greens. :)))

Chili dogs? Will 16 be enough?
smile.png

Jim, thanks for the directions advice, as I'm never on that side of Orlando. Do you still have a red mailbox?

Gotta love Google Earth!
wink.png
Seconded Jim, thanks also for the advice.

Ha ha ha.

My wife is going to rustle up a batch of her finest homemade sausage rolls for me to bring along. Don't think they will have any of the effects mentioned above but they sure are tastey when heated up.

A couple more things on the route I suggested -

> The 407 connecter between the Beachline (528) and I-95 North exits left. You're warned ahead of time, but be prepared. Traffic can be "aggressive" on the Beachline, so sometimes it's a trick timing it to where you don't get run over.

> The 407 road is a regular two lane rd (traffic both directions) between 528 & I-95. Speed limit is 60 IIRC, but of course some often run it faster. It is a favorite place for tickets, so be aware. I got pulled over on that road some yrs ago by FHP, but being the smooth talking rascal that I am talked my way out of it.

> There is construction at the 407/I-95 interchange. It's a right hand exit cloverleaf and you got to get on it when it gets to the freeway with a short merging lane. They are fixing that, but I haven't been on it for a few weeks so unsure the status.

> SR 46 from I-95 into Mims is often ticketed too, esp just before coming into town. You go around a little left hand curve and it goes from 45 to 35. Brevard County Sheriff Deputies LOVE to sit just beyond that curve to welcome folks into town.

Google street view is your friend!

It's really not that bad getting here. Besides just the regular interstate BS, these are the only spots I can think of that a little forewarning would help.

I think you covered most all of the "bad" spots. See all Saturday morning. After careful consideration, my goal is to check out electrical add one. Namely power panels. Can't wait.

After some recommendations from other members I've fitted a laminar lip and a set of Garaulds excellent hiway pegs so the trip will be a good test for these, plus the other seating 'arrangements' should be here before then.
I could bring my MotionPro syncher if anyone thinks there might be a call for multiple operations.

Just let me know.

Steve
You bringing the Motion pro? Is that the one with the four parallel tubes? And i assume you're heading up I-4??

Gary