FODS IV Oct 8-10, 2010

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=14pt]We are in! Got space #58 I will bring the Mini Trail in case Sacramento Mike shows up![/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Right up by the bar... guess you can leave the moto-blender down with us since you won't be needing it. ;)

I have a buddy coming who was thinking about buying a TW 200 for the family to play on, maybe we can get him on one of yours?

Whoohoo! This unofficially puts us at about 22 folks. This thing gets much bigger and we might have to take it seriously. :huh:

Or not! :drinks:

[SIZE=14pt]We are in! Got space #58 I will bring the Mini Trail in case Sacramento Mike shows up![/SIZE]

Seth Stanley is coming to FODS with his Papa, Sr. Chuy Medina!

OM and SPU won't be at FODS; Seth, Dad and RJ sharing cabin.

Seth Stanley is coming to FODS with Dad, BeemerDonS.

Papa Chuy, Seth and RenoJohn are in "Boars Nest" cabin.

Two weeks out bump and call.

If you are not a Cool Kid yet there is still time.

We're upping the cool factor right now. Just dragged the trailer out of summer storage and gave it a once-over with a pressure washer. Cleaning the inside tomorrow and we'll be ready to roll.

Andy, me and the puppies are showing up on the Wednesday evening, to make a long weekend of it.

I hoyt my widdle self @ work. I'm wearing a strap on soft cast on my left foot & leg (verrry attractive and hardly noticeable). Hopefully all will be well by the gathering so I can ride. If not, I'll be coming in the pickup, regardless.

I wonder if Barb will need a ride from the airport? Or if I should bring her alter-ego along?

:lol:

I'm sharing my cabin with FastJoyRide (Dave and Sylvia), so I'll have help yelling at the party crowd next door, "Keep the noise down and go to bed, yuh young hooligans!" ;)

I hoyt my widdle self @ work. I'm wearing a strap on soft cast on my left foot & leg (verrry attractive and hardly noticeable). Hopefully all will be well by the gathering so I can ride. If not, I'll be coming in the pickup, regardless.

I wonder if Barb will need a ride from the airport? Or if I should bring her alter-ego along?

:lol:

I'm sharing my cabin with FastJoyRide (Dave and Sylvia), so I'll have help yelling at the party crowd next door, "Keep the noise down and go to bed, yuh young hooligans!" ;)

Sorry you're hurt Mike, but glad you're not using it as an excuse to wuss out. Heaven knows, you might get accused of going on a gay cruise, if you didn't show up.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Sorry you're hurt Mike, but glad you're not using it as an excuse to wuss out. Heaven knows, you might get accused of going on a gay cruise, if you didn't show up.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.
It'd be lovely if things were normal-for-me by then but I'll have to see that to believe it. Still, we're weeks away and nobody knows or can give me a prognosis, only that I've damaged a ligament and will be directed to physical terror-py.

I'll be there, I wouldn't miss it. I'll just haave to find other ways to entertain myself whilst the "real" riders are out doing their "bit". The friends and the banter around the campfire, etc., is more than worth the price of admission.

Those who are on the fence abnout coming, even at this late date, should reconsider. Even if you're on a street bike, there are many opportunities to ride some fun mountain roads by day and partake of adult elixirs and the evening meals and conversation (I mean...RenoJohn will be there).

I hear you! Los Angeles was hotter than Death Valley on Monday. It was 106 in Huntington Beach. We had our trailer at home, doing some prep work for it's first outing of the season. It was tempting to sleep in it because it has AC, which the house does not. Looking forward to some milder temperatures.

I hear you! Los Angeles was hotter than Death Valley on Monday. It was 106 in Huntington Beach. We had our trailer at home, doing some prep work for it's first outing of the season. It was tempting to sleep in it because it has AC, which the house does not. Looking forward to some milder temperatures.
Hola Jill, my Sisters Marsha and Mary, and my Mom Veda, still live in my hometown of Orange, CA; I called them yesterday when I heard about the SoCal heat wave going on; luckily, they all 3 have air conditioned homes. Thankfully, ShinyPartsUp and Old Michael will be at sea on their marvelous and fabulous ocean liner cruise!!!

Thankfully, ShinyPartsUp and Old Michael will be at sea on their marvelous and fabulous ocean liner cruise!!!
I don't think that they'll even notice the weather, during that kind of cruise. Plenty of 'distractions' to keep our friends busy.

(Did they think they would get away with baling out of FODS, without hearing about it, over and over again?)

Are we there yet?

I will be in the Silverado. The ankle is better and I "may" go back to full-duty later this week. God, how I hate office work! I've had an epiphany as to why I gave up being a supervisor and returned to working far away from a cubicle. At least they are now caught up on their data entry and filing. But I digress....

Even if I return to "normal duty", my ankle will not be 100%. At least not enough that I want to trust it riding a motorcycle, off-road or on, but I'll be there.

Anyone in the SAC valley need supplies transported let me know since I won't have to transport the bike I'll have room for other bits and pieces. I have Friday off (to pick Barb up at the airport...but she isn't going to attend :( ) so I'll be heading East Friday morning.

Are we there yet?
Getting there! Andy is bringing our trailer home from the storage yard after work tomorrow. We'll get the bikes loaded, then a few last minute things. On the road early, early Wednesday morning. We haven't driven that far with the dogs so far, so we'll see how it goes. The State of California has closed all, or almost all of the rest areas due to the lack of a budget, so we'll have to get creative about exercising the dogs along the way. We'll have to make several stops, since there isn't much room for the two of them in the back seat of the truck.

Counting the days!

I have Friday off (to pick Barb up at the airport...but she isn't going to attend :( ) so I'll be heading East Friday morning.
Keep an eye out for Christy while you are there. She gets in to Sac at 11:36, drives home, jumps in the truck and off we go.

We are just going to have to get you in my sister-in-law's RAZR for a little dirt fix. :D

To wet the appetite, a few from last week south of Walker.

1028059882_oLvd5-M.jpg

High country colors

1028101369_3zthB-M.jpg

The vastness of Nevada

200px-SNBC_PaleAle_Bottle_Pint.jpg

To wash down all that dust... made in Chico but has Nevada in it's name :drinks:

The gallery for that ride.

Note To MadMike2: Brother Michael, would you like to go four-wheeling with Seth and I at FODS IV? I was originally going to trailer up my dual sport "Salma Hayek" behind my Jeep Liberty 4wd Diesel and Seth and Papa were going to ride the local trails two up. However, Seth (13) is now over 6' tall and over 200 lbs.; so, he and I on a BMW F650GS Twin makes for a REALLY TOUGH WORKOUT for Chuy. Since your ankle prevents you from riding, may I suggest you just ride in The Stanley Boys Jeep this weekend? I would then leave my trailer and DS home and just plan on the three of us four wheeling! Please let me know your thoughts on this! 480-440-4666