Forks are stuck in locked position

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you making sure that you push the key in while you try to turn it.

Mac

I put it up on the center stand. weighted the back end to bring the front wheel up and tried evrythang agin. Called the dealer who said to saturate it in WD40. Tried that and nuthin. Dealers coming to try it himself and pick it up.

Damnit. As cranky as this locks acting, You'd think it was reacting to the temperature in some froze up, inhabitable frostbit tundra, too cold to live there, don't wanna live there, who'd live there place like....say....oh I dunno......Minnesota. Don't seem right this happened down here in Texas. Just damn. (pron "daYUM")

Can you say damn on this form or does that bring a reprimand.

[

Can you say damn on this form or does that bring a reprimand.

Hell no!!

You tryin' to get banned?

Capt. Bob

OK, lets begin the betting.

I've got a beer at WFO that says Yamma Jamma (aka "Boomhauer") will pack up and take his toys to another playground (at least once) no later than July 22nd, 2007.

"I tell ya what man, dem dang ol' steerin' locks man...just puttin' dat key up in der an' hearin' 'click click click click'. Dang ol' thang aint werkin' man."

** Please note my signature before responding, Boomhauer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a beer at WFO that says Yamma Jamma (aka "Boomhauer") will pack up and take his toys to another playground (at least once) no later than July 22nd, 2007.

"I tell ya what man, dem dang ol' steerin' locks man...just puttin' dat key up in der an' hearin' 'click click click click'. Dang ol' thang aint werkin' man."

Wait, are you saying we already gave this guy the bums rush under another name? :dntknw:

So if I'm here on the twenty third of July without ever crying and disappearing then I win a bet. Ok bad boy what da ya wanna bet? btw, I just bought the FJR a week and a half ago. I'm not Boombox or whatever. I reallly am brand new to some of yall's brand of girly snipey shit. And as piercing as yall think some of yalls crap is, in reality, except to small children and small animals, it don't look like much. :p

Wait, are you saying we already gave this guy the bums rush under another name? :dntknw:

Nope...the reference to Boomhauer is strictly with regard to semi-coherent Texas babble. :rolleyes:

So if I'm here on the twenty third of July without ever crying and disappearing then I win a bet. Ok bad boy what da ya wanna bet?
Yep...one single serving beer (I decide what is and is NOT a single serving) at WFO in Park City. :drinks:

I put it up on the center stand. weighted the back end to bring the front wheel up and tried evrythang agin. Called the dealer who said to saturate it in WD40. Tried that and nuthin. Dealers coming to try it himself and pick it up.
Unfortunately your dealer recommended the worst thing to spray into an ignition system, WD40. I highly recommend you ask him to thoroughly clean the WD40 out of there and apply some graphite in it's place.

Unfortunately your dealer recommended the worst thing to spray into an ignition system, WD40. I highly recommend you ask him to thoroughly clean the WD40 out of there and apply some graphite in it's place.
Agreed...and be careful what you clean it out with. No brake parts cleaner or similarly harsh stuff in there. Bad things can happen to parts that way. Some electrical contact cleaner might be OK...and it'll dry quickly thus avoiding an influx of sludge and debris to gum-up the works.

I recently had to toss some graphite into mine due to a key that seemed a little rough going into the ignition thingy. It's much better now. Works wonders on the latching mechanism for the side cases, too.

Nope...the reference to Boomhauer is strictly with regard to semi-coherent Texas babble. :rolleyes:

So if I'm here on the twenty third of July without ever crying and disappearing then I win a bet. Ok bad boy what da ya wanna bet?
Yep...one single serving beer (I decide what is and is NOT a single serving) beer at WFO in Park City. :drinks:
As mysterious as that is...It doesn't matter what it is. I'll be around until the twenty third. Kiss Kiss.