Forks are stuck in locked position

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It ain't boomhaur but it wasted fifteen minutes ......slow day at work.

Thanks for all that. My friends will enjoy it. I can tell by your sig lines that you actually make a point of being a turd. Oh...but you're a doctor, and a gun doctor at that...wow! Nobody can keep up with you.

as for our bet. I will be in Paris first two weeks in June. Not gonna be fuckin roun with you or any of this during that time period, but don't read that as acquiescence....I"ll be bock.

Tech just came out from the dealer. couldn't dislodge my ignition, loaded my new bike up and went away. Phuque!

Now that is something to be upset about.

Oh and what constitutes staying around everyday. Is "good morning ladies" adequate?

Love and kisses everyone....or as Boombox would put it "See Yaw layda"

as for our bet. I will be in Paris first two weeks in June. Not gonna be fuckin roun with you or any of this during that time period, but don't read that as acquiescence....I"ll be bock.
Wha? They don't have Internet access in 75460??

And you'll be OK...absence due to normal life commitments doesn't constitute bailing out on us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a well deserved dogpile. Please take time from smelling flowers in France and write back.

Damnit. As cranky as this locks acting, You'd think it was reacting to the temperature in some froze up, inhabitable frostbit tundra, too cold to live there, don't wanna live there, who'd live there place like....say....oh I dunno......
Hey, I resemble that remark!!

Wha? They don't have Internet access in 75460??

And you'll be OK...absence due to normal life commitments doesn't constitute bailing out on us.
He's going to Paris, France, not Texass. I can't think of a better place to learn how to run away :p

Well GunMD et al

I may lose the bet. I tried taking this to the off topic forum where I thought it would be appropriate and it only took an hour to generate angry responses concerning social issues and for the moderator to lock it out.

There's no way to settle the bet and have any real fun. I'll be in LA in August to rent a motorcycle and tool around the hills. Meet me somewhere and I'll buy you a beer.

Adios from Tejas

Well GunMD et al
I may lose the bet. I tried taking this to the off topic forum where I thought it would be appropriate and it only took an hour to generate angry responses concerning social issues and for the moderator to lock it out.

There's no way to settle the bet and have any real fun. I'll be in LA in August to rent a motorcycle and tool around the hills. Meet me somewhere and I'll buy you a beer.

Adios from Tejas
I think you may have misunderstood a bit. This is a rowdy group and all this ribbing is how we say "Welcome"

You come to WFO and I will buy you a beer, But you have to buy the next two :rolleyes:

Well GunMD et al

Adios from Tejas
I think you may have misunderstood a bit. This is a rowdy group and all this ribbing is how we say "Welcome"

You come to WFO and I will buy you a beer, But you have to buy the next two :rolleyes:

Deal.

I tried taking this to the off topic forum where I thought it would be appropriate and it only took an hour to generate angry responses concerning social issues and for the moderator to lock it out.
And he was correct to do so, you owe the ladies of this forum an apology.

I tried taking this to the off topic forum where I thought it would be appropriate and it only took an hour to generate angry responses concerning social issues and for the moderator to lock it out.
And he was correct to do so, you owe the ladies of this forum an apology.

Now wait a minute.....

The only reason I got on this site was because the fork on my brand bew AE was locked up. Without any provocation whatsoever, I was insulted. I responded to the insult, was insulted further and ultimately challenged with a bet. I accepted the challenge and decided to have a little fun with it. Not knowing how neurotic the climate was here I even ratcheted things up some...specifically aiming at those whom had trodden upon me. (not women in Va somewhere)

Clearly, I am the victim. I am owed, not only, an apology, but monetary restitution for my distress. I am scarred...a scarred victim. When said restitution is achieved we will talk about other apologies.

Signed,

The Victim

Clearly, I am the victim. I am owed, not only, an apology, but monetary restitution for my distress. I am scarred...a scarred victim. When said restitution is achieved we will talk about other apologies.
Signed,

The Victim

:haha:

All I care about is..... Did the dealer fix it and whats the problem? :p

Well GunMD et al

Adios from Tejas
Yamma,

Let me be clear here...I'm certainly not doing anything other than having some fun. A couple of points here to ponder:

1. You're fairly new here. While being new isn't a bad thing by any means, it certainly does put you at a disadvantage. Allow me to explain. The new guy/gal has to post for a while in varied types of threads before the rest of the tavern's patrons really know how to take him/her. When you walk into a new bar (a real one, not a cyber one) it takes a while before you can jump into the conversation with the locals without drawing some funny looks and comments. It's the same here. I personally think that your willingness to banter with a few of us indicates that you'll do just fine here, but that remains to be seen.

2. My comment about you packing up your toys and going to another playground was based on the fact that your initial response to "ribbing" was pretty abrupt...maybe even a bit abrasive. (see pondering point # 1) It certainly isn't my intent to run you off. (Hell, if I were that powerful I'd have an office all to myself).

3. This cyber-tavern has the best bunch of folks you're going to find anywhere. As such, one must be willing to take some shit and (if you plan to prosper) give some shit (when appropriate).

4. One unwritten "rule" of nearly every respectable establishment (cyber or brick 'n' mortar) is that you must respect the subtle nuances of the environment in which you find yourself. One of the subtleties here is respect. Despite all of the ball-busting and sarcastic dog-piling that takes place here, we all tend to have respect for one another. Your "joke" in the off topic thread from earlier this morning is dangerously close to leaving a bad taste in the mouths of the collective (that's just a public service announcement).

With all of that said, the Forum Guidelines still apply. Please note that while enforced, even the guidelines have an underlying tone of sarcasm and fun.

EDIT:

Request for Victim Status denied.

Well GunMD et al

Adios from Tejas
Yamma,

Let me be clear here...I'm certainly not doing anything other than having some fun. A couple of points here to ponder:

1. You're fairly new here. While being new isn't a bad thing by any means, it certainly does put you at a disadvantage. Allow me to explain. The new guy/gal has to post for a while in varied types of threads before the rest of the tavern's patrons really know how to take him/her. When you walk into a new bar (a real one, not a cyber one) it takes a while before you can jump into the conversation with the locals without drawing some funny looks and comments. It's the same here. I personally think that your willingness to banter with a few of us indicates that you'll do just fine here, but that remains to be seen.

2. My comment about you packing up your toys and going to another playground was based on the fact that your initial response to "ribbing" was pretty abrupt...maybe even a bit abrasive. (see pondering point # 1) It certainly isn't my intent to run you off. (Hell, if I were that powerful I'd have an office all to myself).

3. This cyber-tavern has the best bunch of folks you're going to find anywhere. As such, one must be willing to take some shit and (if you plan to prosper) give some shit (when appropriate).

4. One unwritten "rule" of nearly every respectable establishment (cyber or brick 'n' mortar) is that you must respect the subtle nuances of the environment in which you find yourself. One of the subtleties here is respect. Despite all of the ball-busting and sarcastic dog-piling that takes place here, we all tend to have respect for one another. Your "joke" in the off topic thread from earlier this morning is dangerously close to leaving a bad taste in the mouths of the collective (that's just a public service announcement).

With all of that said, the Forum Guidelines still apply. Please note that while enforced, even the guidelines have an underlying tone of sarcasm and fun.

Gun

No argument, all true.

#1 I have no real problem with anything that you said. It's a forum. I'm a raucous sort. I like to cut up. That's what yall were doing with me. I read you as having fun and meaning no real maliciousness.

As far as nuances, etc. I'm just not interested in delving into this that far. I just wanted info on the bike. In my old age I have become tired of thin skinned people who come alive at any provocation and I would rather just retreat into obscurity until I have another question on the bike. Turns out you were right. I can take and enjoy the hammering but not the whining.

I concede the bet and would love to pay up in August. Last time I was in LA, wife and I rented a bike by LAX, stayed in Santa Monica and had an awesome four day holiday. Maybe see you then.

Yamma

Ps I am an undeniable victim

Pss. Dealer sent a tech out yesterday and could not unlock the fork. They hauled my brand new beautiful, smooth as glass, motorcycle away and ordered a new part. That is my greatest source of pain and victim hood.

Wow,

I haven't been following this thread at all since my infantile comment. Humor was intended with a tiny stick poking you in the ribs. Maybe a smiley face at the end would have helped. If it was a personal insult, you'd not have heard it from me. From Toe or TWN maybe, but not from me :)

Anyway, to get above and beyond, I'm glad to hear that your dealer is doing you justice. I was scared to hear the WD40 suggestion as well. I truly hope that they are replacing your entire key switch, as well as the bag locks (to keep everything matching) or rekeying the switch if possible. I hope the repairs are speedy and hope to meet you some day.

TTYL

worldbound4now

Wow,
I haven't been following this thread at all since my infantile comment. Humor was intended with a tiny stick poking you in the ribs. Maybe a smiley face at the end would have helped. If it was a personal insult, you'd not have heard it from me. From Toe or TWN maybe, but not from me :)

Anyway, to get above and beyond, I'm glad to hear that your dealer is doing you justice. I was scared to hear the WD40 suggestion as well. I truly hope that they are replacing your entire key switch, as well as the bag locks (to keep everything matching) or rekeying the switch if possible. I hope the repairs are speedy and hope to meet you some day.

TTYL

worldbound4now

Appreciate your thought. Please read my latest posts. You guys were just having fun whacking on the new guy. I do that a lot and :D after it got going a little bit I was having a good time handing it back and even escalated it on purpose. There is no problem with any of you guys that handed me shit in this thread. I promise. We're pals.

The problem came when I took it to "off topic" and called yall out derogating your masculinity. Social issues became the new topic and I became Don Imus. Don't want that job.

You and I and Odot and the other fellow and Gun are all fine as far as I'm concerned. Again, thanks for the thought.

Yamma

PS for all yall that were offended by my Fish market joke and references to "girlies" and so forth, please accept my apology.....

life is short, try not to take such silliness personally and seriously.