Forks are stuck in locked position

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a serious note: Just called the dealership about my bike (they didn't call me) to find out when I could pick it up.Service manager said that ignition is shot because they had to bust it off of the bike. Further stated that there is no ignition available anywhere in either the United States or Japan for the bike even though ignitions in 06's and 07's are the same.
This is entirely possible, but call Mike @ U-Motors to confirm. (701) 235-6478. File that number away as they have the best prices on FJR/Yamaha parts bar none. You can also call Yamaha's customer relations line @ (800) 962-7926, which I would prolly do before calling Mike.

Thanks!

About the depression, one word:...no make that two words: Welbutrin, Zanax
Welbutrin, Xanax, Prozac, Paxil, Buspar, Nardil, Marplan, Elavil, Pamelor, Surmontil, Zoloft, Venlafaxine, etc...

I like drugs.

Call Gary McCoy at University Motors in Fargo, ND. See what he can do for a parts hunt.

Thanks!

Good luck w/ your bike.

And for the record, I don't hate you.

I suggested that he take a lock from another bike and replace it later when he finally got one. His response was that he would then have two bikes where the ignition key did not match the bags. My response was that it was extraordinary that this could even occur and more extraordinary that he was more worried about his inconvenience than a customer with no bike to ride whose only contribution to the predicament was being nice enought to buy the bike....and doesn't care about having two keys.
What am I missing here? Tell them to take the bags off of your 500 mile bike (I'm sure they aren't bitched up) and put them on the new bike where they harvest the ignition assembly and give you the new bags with your new ignition assembly. Then, you have your bike and he only has 1 bike where the locks don't match and he won't have to worry about hitting the 30 day lemon law threshold.

fwiw, I laugh at the fish market joke every time I hear it...and it was a female that most recently told it to me. I hope I don't rot in hell, get banned, or get kicked in the nutz for laughing at it. and i won't dare go on about the joke of what the 3 tampons said to the guy walking down the street.

....and I thought I was gonna meet really nice people when I bought an FJR. :dribble:

No,

"You meet the nicest people on a Honda".... With the FJR people "go Skyway on your ass". :p :p :p

If you do a search you'll find Yamaha had a problem with the way the wiring was routed to the ignition switch on some GenII bikes causing an electrical failure in it which is probably why there are back ordered. :(

I suggested that he take a lock from another bike and replace it later when he finally got one. His response was that he would then have two bikes where the ignition key did not match the bags. My response was that it was extraordinary that this could even occur and more extraordinary that he was more worried about his inconvenience than a customer with no bike to ride whose only contribution to the predicament was being nice enought to buy the bike....and doesn't care about having two keys.
What am I missing here? Tell them to take the bags off of your 500 mile bike (I'm sure they aren't bitched up) and put them on the new bike where they harvest the ignition assembly and give you the new bags with your new ignition assembly. Then, you have your bike and he only has 1 bike where the locks don't match and he won't have to worry about hitting the 30 day lemon law threshold.

fwiw, I laugh at the fish market joke every time I hear it...and it was a female that most recently told it to me. I hope I don't rot in hell, get banned, or get kicked in the nutz for laughing at it. and i won't dare go on about the joke of what the 3 tampons said to the guy walking down the street.
If I'm not mistaken you don't even need to switch the bags...just the lock cylinders. (Right? Anyone??)

If I'm not mistaken you don't even need to switch the bags...just the lock cylinders. (Right? Anyone??)
+ the seat lock + the fuel cap.

+ the seat lock + the fuel cap.
Another possible would involve removing the lock cylinder altogether and just doin' a Jersey on the switch. The bike would be easily stolen if anyone looked close enough, but you'd be riding.

....As a result I have entered a downwardly spiraling vortex of self loathing and sunken into a severe state of depression My world is now a dark and colorless existence and the only relief comes in contemplating taking my own life.....
this promise is worthless without pictures...

please do this live on the internet...

tia

wow...all this free help for yamma jamma. Is this a great site or what! :lol:

It's awesome. And all of this brought me back from the brink of suicide. :D The sun is shining again. I can breathe.

Technical help as well as my mental condition.........lol

I genuinely appreciate the tips. Thanx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sucks about the bike and that's a bullshit response. I'd run to another dealer. How about getting a lock set salvage?
About the depression, one word:...no make that two words: Welbutrin, Zanax

I had a friend who worked in the oil patch...ah, that's erl patch in Texaspeak (here we go again!) and his favorite saying was, "Happiness is a Texan heading south with an Okie under each arm." (This was an oil patch up north, of course.)

Now, admittedly, my friend was sometimes a real asshole and a bit of a bigot which I of course am not. Why, some of my best friends are Texans...

Actually, I'd venture that the best blues guitar music in the world comes out of the Lone Star...and some good beer, too. Hoist a Shiner for me.

As for Texas, thanks for the nice words. As far as the depression, I was just having fun with all that.

"downwardly spiraling vortex of self loathing".

We all get our kicks different ways.

Tell that whistle prick to change the goddam bag lock too.. I feel like comin down ther and kikin his stoooopid ass. Besides. you need that bike for WFO and I owe you a beer..... and you owe me two beers, you agreed

you need that bike for WFO and I owe you a beer..... and you owe me two beers, you agreed

Allrighty then.

Also.....I'll go ahead and call myself an ignorant moron for the question that I am about to ask. (I'm catching on to how things work around here)...but....what.....is WFO?

And Also....Since I got bashed so hard about the whole Texas Bombauer thing when I came here merely looking for help, I think it appropriate to mention (don't care if it's not) that my hobby is songwriting and I just finished a copyright rough of

"Let me die in Texas".....a God and country sawng celebrating....guess whuuut?

Anyway, it brings me great pleasure, contemplating how this sawng will go all over some of yall as you listen.

I'm smiling thinking about that.

The song is rough. Gonna record it with a full band in June, but it should achieve the desired result in this form.

https://www.myspace.com/martinjamesband

Last edited by a moderator:
you need that bike for WFO and I owe you a beer..... and you owe me two beers, you agreed

Allrighty then.

Also.....I'll go ahead and call myself an ignorant moron for the question that I am about to ask. (I'm catching on to how things work around here)...but....what.....is WFO?
WFO is the Western FJR Owners Rally. Basically an excuse for all of us to get together, do some riding during the day, and some partying during the night. Lots of fun, and a good way to connect the board names with actual people.

Heres the official thread discussing it.

Here's a link to the official website and method of sigining up.