Forks are stuck in locked position

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, it sounds like he is planning to set the new ignition lock to use the original key. If true, that is a good thing.

[Now I wait, either it happens in 3-4 working days as Yamaha has promised or it happens in 2+ weeks as TwoWheelNut has predicted. It's up to the gods.
Well things don't arrive from Japan in 3 days, UNLESS, you are payin MEGA freight charges.

And this lock will not be keyed to the rest of your bike. get it from the dealer before the install and have a locksmith get it right, then add the bill back to Yamma Mamma.

Hi, BTW This is JW or John the drownning fellow as you recall. Who the hell are you?

[Now I wait, either it happens in 3-4 working days as Yamaha has promised or it happens in 2+ weeks as TwoWheelNut has predicted. It's up to the gods.
Well things don't arrive from Japan in 3 days, UNLESS, you are payin MEGA freight charges.

And this lock will not be keyed to the rest of your bike. get it from the dealer before the install and have a locksmith get it right, then add the bill back to Yamma Mamma.

Hi, BTW This is JW or John the drownning fellow as you recall. Who the hell are you?

No Fucking way. If you are John Word, then why didn't you say so earlier and.... name the person that lived down the street from you and was killed in a car wreck driving a Porche.

Last edited by a moderator:

No Fucking way. If you are John Word, then why didn't you say so earlier and.... name the person that lived down the street from you and was killed in a car wreck driving a Porche.
All I need is some popcorn! :lol:

Why didn't I say so earlier? Oh yeah, I know Yamma Jamma in Tx WTF was I thinking?

Randle Simmons

Why didn't I say so earlier? Oh yeah, I know Yamma Jamma in Tx WTF was I thinking?

Randle Simmons
No, The answer is not Randle Simmons. It was Tommy Owens. The John Word I knew lived just a few houses up Canterbury Road from Tommy. You must be another John Word that almost got caught in a current under the old 280 bridge. Damn, What a coincidence.

Ps If you really are John Word, when I first wrote your name, wha'd you do?...go hide in a closet and put on your tin foil helmet. LOL

Randle Simmons
No, The answer is not Randle Simmons. It was Tommy Owens. The John Word I knew lived just a few houses up Canterbury Road from Tommy. You must be another John Word that almost got caught in a current under the old 280 bridge. Damn, What a coincidence.

Ps If you really are John Word, when I first wrote your name, wha'd you do?...go hide in a closet and put on your tin foil helmet. LOL

Well my guess was going to be James Dean. :blink: :lol: :p

Hey, Yamma Jamma, what is Yamaha doing about your locks. I was thinking about this today (When I was supposed to be working). It seems to me that since the ignition lock failed, it is incumbent on them to either replace all the locks or have the ignition switch sent to a locksmith and the tumblers changed to match the original key so that key operates every OEM lock on your FJR.

So, whassup wi' dat?

Hey, Yamma Jamma, what is Yamaha doing about your locks. I was thinking about this today (When I was supposed to be working). It seems to me that since the ignition lock failed, it is incumbent on them to either replace all the locks or have the ignition switch sent to a locksmith and the tumblers changed to match the original key so that key operates every OEM lock on your FJR.
So, whassup wi' dat?

The ignition lock was shot. The dealer tore it out and are waiting for another lock to come from Japan, supposedly next week.

I'm gonna leave it alone until it shows up and then I'll broach the issue of all locks on one key.

It is Friday night, the weather is perfect. I own two bikes and both of them are at dealers. It's killing me.

Welllll, there's always "Cycle Trader", and who couldn't use another interesting two-wheeled device?. :yahoo:

I'd stay in touch with the service department. Makes sure you iron out the issue before they do the install of the new switch.

Randle Simmons

No, Tom Owens still has his Porche and runs the Kings Ranch and does Strong man competition to raise money.

Randle Simmons

No, Tom Owens still has his Porche and runs the Kings Ranch and does Strong man competition to raise money.

I'm still friends with his brother. The Tommy Owens that I know was killed years ago. I don't think that we know each other. Sorry.

Randle Simmons

I'm still friends with his brother. The Tommy Owens that I know was killed years ago. I don't think that we know each other. Sorry.
Welcome to quotation hell. The goal, if accepted,is to create one whole page consisting of one post and quotes. Begin......NOW!

Randle Simmons

Welcome to quotation hell. The goal, if accepted,is to create one whole page consisting of one post and quotes. Begin......NOW!
What are the rules again? :huh:

Randle Simmons

What are the rules again? :huh:
Really! You guys need to learn to use the "add reply" button rather than the +quote "reply button. But hey, I'll play the game. Your turn, Dave.

Or perhaps learn to edit all the past quotes and just answer the last (most pertinent) response. Sheesh! :unsure: