Fred W and TMJ's Vacation Ride to the Great Divide

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you two have a great ride and adventure! It surprises me how few ride LD 2up; glad your bride decided to tag along to keep you in check.

Last edited by a moderator:
My view for the next two weeks:

100_4596.jpg
Your view for the next two weeks will be better than Josie's!

Have a great trip - I covered most of that territory 5 years ago; the year I got my FJR.

Bring a warm jacket....

Cooke City, MT forecast for today: High 62, low 48. And that's at the bottom of the pass.....

Have fun. Thanks for staying out of Idaho, we appreciate it
tonguesmiley.gif

Thanks. Wearing Olympia AST jackets and bringing our electric liners and gloves, just in case...

We may actually wander into the upper right corner of the potato state if'n we have the time.

Oh, that's great news! So happy to hear that the two of you are going. This will be so memorable for you both.

We (Jim and I) look forward to hearing of your adventures and seeing photos.

Have fun!!!

Oh, that's great news! So happy to hear that the two of you are going. This will be so memorable for you both.We (Jim and I) look forward to hearing of your adventures and seeing photos.

Have fun!!!
Thanks, Iris! You know that Jim and your trip through that area a few years back has been a big part of my motivation.

It's hard to forget when I look up at Jim's fantastic Glacier NP photo hanging over my kitchen table every morning!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you two have a great ride and adventure! It surprises me how few ride LD 2up; glad your bride decided to tag along to keep you in check.
Spanky and I did 7500 miles in 14 days of riding when we went to NAFO3 in BC in 2012.

Spanky and I did 7500 miles in 14 days of riding when we went to NAFO3 in BC in 2012.
Some of us enjoy riding LD with our spouses! It just seems most do not... You two are definitely in the first category!

Only downside is the timing--not sure if it's yours or mine. I'm leaving at the end of August sometime and covering a lot of the places and roads you're heading for, but at a more leisurely pace. NYS by 9/17, back here by 10/18 on the southern swing. Would have been nice to meet you along the way. Have a great time.

Oh, that's great news! So happy to hear that the two of you are going. This will be so memorable for you both.We (Jim and I) look forward to hearing of your adventures and seeing photos.

Have fun!!!
Thanks, Iris! You know that Jim and your trip through that area a few years back has been a big part of my motivation.

It's hard to forget when I look up at Jim's fantastic Glacier NP photo hanging over my kitchen table every morning!!
I'm looking forward to your pics of that area Fred. It's hard to take a bad picture of that neck of the woods....it's all beautiful.

Good luck and safe travels.

And, I agree with you that it's always better to share these experiences/adventures with your best friend.

We'll plan on 4 days of travel to get out to some of the sights in western SD (Badlands, Black Hills, Rushmore, but NOT Sturgis) and we can start the real sight seeing touring there.

You are going to to the Black Hill during the Sturgis Rally? Brave man, have fun with the HD crowd.

Latest posts