G2 Ergo Throttle Tube and Cam

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used a hacksaw blade and a small round file on the stock tube to make a cable groove. It's easy to make a smooth progressive ramp that way.

2582496120101026374S600x600Q85.jpg

HI,

I have a 2006. Where do you get the throttle mod and the larger grip? I would love to have them. I have large hands and don't like the small throttle grip and the throttle "lag" drives me nuts.

Thanks,

Dave Alger

512 751 1793

I just installed the G2 grip and Gripbuddies. Did it all in about 20 min. Love the G2....at least I don't look as much like a FNG now when starting off from stop! to get the rubber grip off the old housing, I just took a long-handled this screwdriver and pushed it in the length of the grip and squirted some Tri-Flow down on the handle under the grip (better than WD-40 but that would probably work as well). Then blew air down the length of the screwdriver and the thing just slid off. Washed well with soap and water before putting on the G2. Gripbuddies were easy ....just watch the video on the website.

thanks for all the tips!

I used a hacksaw blade and a small round file on the stock tube to make a cable groove. It's easy to make a smooth progressive ramp that way.

2582496120101026374S600x600Q85.jpg
Just done the same and wished I found your post first!

Had trouble getting the Vibranator off and then was surprised that the cable cam sleeve did not detach from the twist grip.Then the heated grip cable means you can't easily mount it in a bench vice and use a Dremel. Instead used two hacksaw blades side by side to replicate the G2 profile as shown in Bigbeavk's post and smoothed it out with the needle file.

Seems to work well. Strange at first cos the power isn't coming on so abruptly but then twist a bit more and get on that higher profile then WHAM!, hold on to your Hollyhocks for warp drive.

Wish I'd done it months ago.Now do I need that PC V?

Hi everyone

Installed my G2 today.

I do not have any air compressor i just used soap and one larger cable tie.The grip got off after 2-3 min.

The G2 throttle itself was easy installing, only fits in one way. The cable slack got a tiny bit tighter

but i adjust that later if got to tight. Too bad it's a lousy weather could not testdrive. :(

You will love it. Dad really benefitted from this mod. His '07 needed the PC-V and the G2 but man oh man does it operate smoothly now.
Hi Fish

I got my PCV in the box in the bookshelf, :) just waiting for some other things.

Am about removing the tank cleaning up abit. Installion the PCV when i got more space.

Just a thought. If Yamaha changed the Cam profile on the 08 model throttle tube to fix the throttle issue on apparent on the 06 and 07,,,,,,,,

Why not just order the part for the 08 and install on the 06 and 07. Retail on this part is about 15 bucks. Found it for cheap

here

Seems the part number is the same from 2003 to 2010 for non heated models. Hmmm brings up a question though,

why didn't Ymama change the part number if they redesigned the part?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a thought. If Yamaha changed the Cam profile on the 08 model throttle tube to fix the throttle issue on apparent on the 06 and 07,,,,,,,,

Why not just order the part for the 08 and install on the 06 and 07. Retail on this part is about 15 bucks. Found it for cheap

here

Seems the part number is the same from 2003 to 2010 for non heated models. Hmmm brings up a question though,

The tube cam is the same, the difference is the cam on the throttle bodies. Not available separately. (Also same question answered here.)

here

The tube cam is the same, the difference is the cam on the throttle bodies. Not available separately. (Also same question answered here.)
Thanks for clarifying. Makes more sense now.