• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Grounding Harness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please put me on your Grounding Harness list. PM sent.

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

I'd better not take any chances. Please add me to the list.

Brodie, please add me to the list! I have not had troubles yet but hey why play with fate bikes are made for ridin' not pushin'

Reddog

Last edited by a moderator:
Achiu was a total trooper, and lent me his Grounding harness since I had all the front plastic off of the bike, but was still waiting for my turn. Installed it tonight. It took about two hours, mostly to remove the tank and get at the difficult upper left spider, plus a little attention to detail with zip ties. A few thoughts:

1. Brodie's craftmenship is second to none. His assembly, attention to detail, and layout had me thinking he had a factory in Japan cranking these things out, it was so well assembled, and in many instances nicer than what Yamaha would put together. What a pleasure to have this and his well-made ignition harness.

2. The gas tank really needs to come all the way off in order to reach the upper left spider and get your hands in to remove the shorting plug.

3. Because I had all the front cowling and side fairings off already, the last three spiders were super easy despite Brodie's description of the difficult accessing them. If I hadn't had the cowling off, it would have been a pain. With it off, they were in plain view.

4. One thing that made the install easy was that I had a set of picks I bought at the auto parts store, including some slightly bent end-ones that made it super easy to pry off the plastic grounding plugs.

5. This thread and the linked one on the first post were ESSENTIAL to making the install super easy.

Thanks again Brodie, and you'll be mailing mine to Achiu when my turn comes up (but I'll be paying).

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my harness last week and installed it yesterday. Very easy install and the quality was and is top notch. The only problem I encountered was where to apply the tootsie rolls that came with the kit. Again, beautiful craftsmanship. I had only very minor discoloring on 2 spiders and not the critical ones after 72,000 miles ! Now I have total peace of mind that this will not be an issue in my future. Brodie, thanks for the excellant piece and directions.

I'd like to buy a Grounding Harness.

My IBA number is 3 digits but I have no special needs or schedule that needs accommodating. LOL

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.