Musings of an aging FJR rider

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a 2014 FJR-A en route to my dealer just for me.
smile.png

Even 8 years after the above picture, I'd say you are probably still on the "young" side of this forum's average demographics.
I nearly bought an F40 a few decades ago. Actually had a deposit on it until I thought better of it. As you probably know, they do not fare very well in the salty winter conditions of Northern New England. This one was no exception with a good start towards the terminal cancer that many experience up here. Old Jeeps do the same, but I've still owned a few and managed to unload them before the frame goes.

BTW - These are definite musing of one FJR rider (this one), and we are all aging (gracefully or otherwise) so technically we are still right on topic. Even on a Friday afternoon!
46 then, 54 now. Probably somewhere in the demo, but without some of the baggage, (see license plate).

Here's a pic of my 40. No salt in Central Texas, obviously, and with an Aqualu (aluminum) 3/4 tub and front fenders, it wouldn't be a huge issue. Of course, it was a frame off restore in 2000, and only has 5400 miles on it since then, so really the only salt that might get on it in the cozy confines of the garage is if I get too close with a margarita! Have a great weekend!

IMG_1107_zps026bef1b.jpg

Sweet ride

Congrats, ndivita! Take it easy ... or maybe don't. Just post up after your first ride so we know you're still in one piece -- and that you haven't "Redfished".
sleep.png

[Actually, the new Vettes look really sharp. Does anybody still call them Stingrays?]

Last edited by a moderator: