Newest Aft defense system installed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great installation job. At first I thought you were working on flame throwers, but this is pretty cool. I have long thought that having some sort of paint ball gun mounted inside the plastic, just above the front fender with a remote trigger for every jack*ss that cuts me off, but I ususally calm down and find another project to work on.

Figure out how to make this into a fine mist and I might have to "gather some parts".

Thanks for the idea (even if it wads the panties of others).

I guess I might as well get a dumb-ass post out of this. What if they piss back? :blink:

It's better to be pissed off than pissed on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know where you live or ride , but What I am referring to is in solid traffic when all lanes are full, no room in front and no room behind, when the proper driving method is the 3 second rule, for safe following distance....
Two words: Lane Sharing. Works great in "solid traffic".

I wouldn't own a bike if I didn't live in California. Too frickin dangerous, between the tailgaters and all the Whitetails. California doesn't even have many deer anymore, since the do-gooders tricked the voting majority into "specially protecting" their apex predator several years ago. Most of the lions are a bit smarter than to hang out in the roadway. I truly feel sad for the rest of you.... :fuck:

But we don't pay your taxes or put up with a lot of the other stupid laws you have to put up with so it all comes out in the wash.

You spray a tailgater; he goes after you; car crashes; and his 9 month old niece in the child seat you can't see gets mashed.
You spray a tailgater; he goes after you; car crashes; and the elderly couple in another car gets mashed.

Brilliant.

Are you really sure you belong on a motorcycle, son?

Only the tailgater is responsible for his driving. People kill themselves, don't blame it on the other drivers.

The roadrage and stupidity of the tailgater would be to blame.
Can you say aaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmeeeeeeeeennnnnnn

Yeah, all of the cagers in South Florida carry arrows with them. I have been ducking them all week...
Do you live in a Clint Eastwood movie?
Nope, as we speak there is a dad doing time for shooting another driver with a crossbow - bet his kids miss him. A rather infamous incident when I lived up in southern NH region, had people talking seriously about the road rage problem in the area for a little while. Unfortunately they stopped talking and the driving stayed the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an epic idea, either bad or good...that depends what you make of it, but whatever one thinks, it's inspired (9 beers and what was in the pipe?)

Now, after running this idea through my processor, I want to add more nozzles, and control them with a toggle switch to select which bank of sprayers I activate. It needs a larger tank, or smaller ones distributed around the fairings somehow? If we put our heads together we can find room to carry a gallon or more surely...and the bladder instead of a hard tank - that's good thinking! Easier to fit it in tight places...not sure I'm ready to drill the hardbags for this, I want to try some other options first...

I love it. I wouldn't do it, but ..... It would be cool to show off @ a tech day/get together whatever.

I always wanted to make a small radar controlled launcher that would fire tennis balls kinda like a pitching machine. A small turret on top of the cage. Just getting a lock on the offending vehicle and seeing the barrel track them. Oh well I can dream :p

You spray a tailgater; he goes after you; car crashes; and his 9 month old niece in the child seat you can't see gets mashed.
You spray a tailgater; he goes after you; car crashes; and the elderly couple in another car gets mashed.

Brilliant.

Are you really sure you belong on a motorcycle, son?

Only the tailgater is responsible for his driving. People kill themselves, don't blame it on the other drivers.

I'm coming from a level far above the banal blame game and legalese. You should come up and visit sometime. The air is fresher; the view clearer; and one's perspective gets a little deeper and kinder.

Just so you know, I commute and split lanes on my FJR daily - as I have with numerous previous bikes. I've been there, done that as a victim of tailgaters, lane changers, trash throwers, and full-on cager-induced crashes. We've all got our commuting sob stories.

Version 2.0:

72FlamingExhaust.jpg

i am envisioning the nozzles placed on the handlebars aimed at myself. perfect for when riding thru kansas when it's 103 degrees.

also i like the idea about turning it into a hydration system.

i just wish i could come up with ingenius idea's like this after 9 beers ;)

usually after 9 beers all i can think about is how that hot 22 y.o. really really wants my old fatass body and if she wants to do it on the counter in the men's room :p

If I get some jackass on my tail in my dually I stand on the brakes. On my FJR I stand on the centerstand tang. The huge shower of sparks backs em right off. And yes, I did weld a piece of carbon steel on the stand where it makes contact with the pavement.

If I get some jackass on my tail in my dually I stand on the brakes. On my FJR I stand on the centerstand tang. The huge shower of sparks backs em right off. And yes, I did weld a piece of carbon steel on the stand where it makes contact with the pavement.
Wonder how many sparks you can throw with a similar setup mounted to a wheelchair?

Ever heard of winning the battle but losing the war?

Good luck with all that.

:rolleyes:

He sprays the tailgater, they get in an accident, and the tailgater will be to blame? I doubt it. Having made the commute to Boston a couple of times I think this discussion is moot: he sprays the tailgater and the tailgater shoots him with an arrow is far more likely.
There are very few indians commuting to boston anymore, and I believe the incident you rfer to happened in Rhode Island

Great installation job. At first I thought you were working on flame throwers, but this is pretty cool. I have long thought that having some sort of paint ball gun mounted inside the plastic, just above the front fender with a remote trigger for every jack*ss that cuts me off, but I ususally calm down and find another project to work on.
Figure out how to make this into a fine mist and I might have to "gather some parts".

Thanks for the idea (even if it wads the panties of others).
The fine mist is easy, I bought 2 sets of nozzles at the store. I just put these on for the cheesy LED lights they hold.

Ever clean your windows at a gas station with a squeegee after someone used said squeegee to clean the spilled gas of the side of their car. Oh yeah its messy on glass. Very Blury in a hurry.
You're squirting water, right? Please tell me it only squirts water.
yes it's only water ;)

Wonder how many sparks you can throw with a similar setup mounted to a wheelchair?

Ever heard of winning the battle but losing the war?

Good luck with all that.

:rolleyes:

Yep, aka Pyric victory..If I was really worried about wheelchairs I wouldn't be on a bike in the first place. Not only does the spark thing work- especially at night but it has never failed to get a big grin fron the klingon.. aaannd to state the obvious, backing off a gator might help one to stay out of a wheelchair.