Pathfinder's 100,000 (Cert.) Miles in 1 Year Attempt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after some rest and consideration….

BBG #2 attempt: https://spotwalla.com/publicTrips.php?un=101stpathfinder

SpotWalla.com - Trip Viewer

I checked the rear tire and it looks like it has another BBG left on it. I have 2 rear tires and a front with 3 sets of brake pads scheduled

for delivery tomorrow, so with me tires are like change in the pocket… Decided to ride another BBG and before I leave out, I hope to tweak

the fuel stops to better locations.
unsure.png

Might not be doing this one alone !
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Badass. I did my BBG in the summer. Super hot. Did a SS1K 12/30/18. The cold is definitely harder on me. Even with heated gear. Nice job.

Situational awareness at fuel stops is key, as you illustrate. While watchful and relaxed is how I like to roll, if youve ever ridden with me, anywhere, someone in your group was armed.

Like you, I always have backup payment in case a card is flagged (in my case, due to distance or number of transactions). Between visa, MasterCard, and American Express, only Amex has never let me down. Both in catching fraud while allowing me to continue travel, and by not shutting off when I was traveling improbably fast or illogically far.

Congrats! I did a saddlesore a few years ago (Minuteman 1000) that had a bunch of backroads included but I still don't see myself doing a BBG.

Tony and I are planning to leave tomorow morning at 0400. I'm sure Tony will post his SPOT. In case he doesn't, attached is mine. We should be riding together. Dan
https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=1c5405c33ee2e2562e
Nice riding Tony and Dan!!
Thanks, It was really nice riding with Dan and the Senas talking. This was a big improvement over the solo rides that I have become accustomed to doing. To look down and realize 200 or so miles have rolled away was nice.

Went up to Mims, FL today and Jim (fljab) and I swapped out rear tires and replaced the rear brake pads.

Dan, That tire had at least one more BBG left on it! (Seriously)

Almost done with the first one. Rain is right behind you.
Had some tricky winds in AL, MS and the panhandle . Rained , but not solid through the ride.

Temps were great! Ride sucked for the first 3 hours then the last 6 hours were sweet. had a lot of mind time

on the bike… Much to think about.

The 2nd one is cancelled. My son called and wants to do lunch!

Latest posts