Pathfinder's 100,000 (Cert.) Miles in 1 Year Attempt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats! I ran a similar BBG (came down from Charlotte NC - Jacksonville - I-10 to 1st exit in Alabama - back) yesterday as well. Those winds were fun....but the 73 degree sunshine was great! I was really blown away by the damage from Florence around the Tallahassee area.

Congrats! I ran a similar BBG (came down from Charlotte NC - Jacksonville - I-10 to 1st exit in Alabama - back) yesterday as well. Those winds were fun....but the 73 degree sunshine was great! I was really blown away by the damage from Florence around the Tallahassee area.
Congrats to you ! I was surprised by the lack of riders out yesterday. My last 6 hours of that ride was absolutely beautiful.

The sunset, the weather, the night skies with that moon, I would say 72 degrees is just about perfect!

Hey T, when are you heading to Mims again? I'm dragging my FJR into the shop today. I got the new battery and oil change stuff. I'm going to give it a thorough go-over including valve adjust, then need to go out and do a good ride.

Greg is planning a Panhandle SS2K gold and has the route approved by Ira, which is a repeated run between West Jax and Pensacola; no in between fuel stops if you have aux fuel and doesn't go over ~350 miles on each leg. I figure that's a good warm up for the Sioux Falls 10/10ths!

Hey T, when are you heading to Mims again? I'm dragging my FJR into the shop today. I got the new battery and oil change stuff. I'm going to give it a thorough go-over including valve adjust, then need to go out and do a good ride.
Greg is planning a Panhandle SS2K gold and has the route approved by Ira, which is a repeated run between West Jax and Pensacola; no in between fuel stops if you have aux fuel and doesn't go over ~350 miles on each leg. I figure that's a good warm up for the Sioux Falls 10/10ths!
Jim, I have done 2 more BBGs since the back tire/brakes. I need to attempt 2 more next weekend, then I will swap out the front

tire. (Probably spoon it here during the week days. I need to do an oil change end of month, every month. I am fearing that valve

check and lights may have to wait. Not having my holiday off has put me behind 1 BBG.

Keep me informed on Greg's planning as I would be interested in that ride. I like riding with others better than these solo rides.

Congratulations Tony on finishing a damn hard ride through that weather. I was talking with Dan all day as we followed you.
Thanks Greg ! I would invite you next weekend, but Dan tells me you don't like riding with others who push their tires…

I will be really pushing the front next weekend.
weirdsmiley.gif
I need to do 2 next weekend to finish January out a success with 6 BBGs.

In February I need 5. I do not care for these out and backs, but the weather should turn after March so that it opens my riding

to more options. I am learning some cold weather methods also. I really have not locked into the attempt (100k year) but at least

I will knock out the needed certs for Titanium in March.

Tires??? That was a concern for me, regarding Tony's well seasoned FJR... until I heard about the last time his valves were checked!!! Hard to argue with success though.

Jim, I have done 2 more BBGs since the back tire/brakes. I need to attempt 2 more next weekend, then I will swap out the front

tire. (Probably spoon it here during the week days. I need to do an oil change end of month, every month. I am fearing that valve

check and lights may have to wait. Not having my holiday off has put me behind 1 BBG.

Keep me informed on Greg's planning as I would be interested in that ride. I like riding with others better than these solo rides.

Congratulations Tony on finishing a damn hard ride through that weather. I was talking with Dan all day as we followed you.
Thanks Greg ! I would invite you next weekend, but Dan tells me you don't like riding with others who push their tires…

I will be really pushing the front next weekend.
weirdsmiley.gif
I need to do 2 next weekend to finish January out a success with 6 BBGs.

In February I need 5. I do not care for these out and backs, but the weather should turn after March so that it opens my riding

to more options. I am learning some cold weather methods also. I really have not locked into the attempt (100k year) but at least

I will knock out the needed certs for Titanium in March.
Hi Tony

You keep riding and we will hook up on a weekend soon and burn some gas hauling ass to Texas and back. When we do you will need good tires and brakes are not that important as I do not slow down much.
no.gif

Got new rubber & brakes on the rear, its the front tire that only has 1 or 2 BBGs left on it.

When the weather gets better, I want to run out to Winslow, AZ and stand on the corner for a

photo. Are you up for a "4 seasons" ride? March 21st will be the first of the four.

Congrats, great accomplishment

Canadian FJR
I have always avoided riding Long Distance in cold weather. This has been a real good learning experience for me.

Stuff that most of the northern riders already know, I am just now learning. I am suffering as I learn though.
cold.gif

I have 5 of the 11 rides needed now (For Titanium) and still have not ruled out the "100k Club" certificate. We shall see

as February unfolds…

101stpathfinder posted:
January Totals are :

Cert. miles: 7,628 Total OD miles: 8,465

Came up short since I need to average 8,400 Cert. miles per month.
You can make up that 800-mile shortage easily. I have confidence in you, brother!

Last edited by a moderator:
The IBA has been VERY quick to certify these BBGs, but Howard has really outdone himself on this last one…

I finished the ride just after midnight Sunday morning.

I submitted the documentation Sunday afternoon.

The Cert. arrives Wednesday in my mailbox!

Part of this 100k in one year process is staying caught up on paperwork, doing maintenance in a timely manner,

turning the bike over for another ride quickly and of course (My favorite part) riding.

I am thankful for the IBA's quick response with the certs !

Latest posts