sleep

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RH - Fuck you, hoser. (from a small bladder guy)
not_i.gif
Eric, it's not your small (tiny?) bladder that's the problem...

The elephant so inconspicuous in the middle of your (bath)room is your prostate the size of Oklahoma! :D :p :rofl:

We don't need to know how you got that info Howie. Scary visual or the proctologist with both hands on you shoulders.

The last time the young blonde PA checked mine, she pronounced it just "slightly enlarged". It didn't occur to me at the time, but would have been so hot anywhere but the doctor's office.

There are much better things to worry or think about...anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
She mentioned it, but I done forgot in the chaos of the moment.

When it was all over the Doctor showed up in a bright red and white checked shirt and bow-tie. So I guess I got off easy.

The Vicodin works for the pain but I makes me (more) stupid and after a couple days of Vicodin then I can't shit. I'm already full enough. I'm cunfused.
Yeah, diminishing returns, literally! But for a day here, a day there, maybe worth it. The morphine stuff is really bad for stopping you up.

RH - No enlarged prostate here. Took those meds for a little while, Doc said no mas, didn't need 'em. Last finger wave, the cute PA, (Susan), said the prostate just felt a little 'soft'. I asked her WTF? She said she didn't think it meant anything.

The Vicodin works for the pain but I makes me (more) stupid
Is vicodin a brand name for the generic hydrocodone? if it is, then that's the stuff they give me for my neck and knee. like you said, it's okay on rare occasions but after my bought with it post-neck surgery, it mostly leaves me with a headache. Only turn to it when I've been a week or more of excessively painful nights.

It doesn't seem right for a pain reliever to cause pain. The hydrocodone gives me screaming headaches but Oxycodone isn't as bad and takes a couple days longer to slam my ass shut. Usually just take Tylenol and deal with it.

Back on topic, made it through the first night. Going to take some getting used to. Didn't head for the recliner until 3 am.

Good luck with that Ray, I've had a Bi-Pap for 15 years. Never have liked it but anyone who has a hard time staying a wake going down Lo Lo needs to do something!

23 years ago I let them do surgery on my throat to help clear the airway, don't let them do that!

I don't leave home without it, even when I'm tent camping on the bike I take it and carry a extra Battery that I charge while riding down the road so I can use it dry camping.

Honestly, I don't understand how anyone can get addicted to pain pills. I have tons of Hydrocodone and Percocet from multiple surgeries. All they do is knock me out and make me wake up groggy as Hell. I hardly ever took any, that's why I have multiple bottles of those things left.

^^^^^^^ Sell them to your Breaking Bad characters. Buy a new set of tires.

Honestly, I don't understand how anyone can get addicted to pain pills. I have tons of Hydrocodone and Percocet from multiple surgeries. All they do is knock me out and make me wake up groggy as Hell. I hardly ever took any, that's why I have multiple bottles of those things left.
AJ, your mistake is taking them for the pain. :p

So after using this thing for a little while, here are some observations. It turns on as soon a you start breathing through the nose. It starts off pretty gentle and ramps up the flow over about 20 minutes. I sleep pretty good for a few hours but with the flow running full on it seem to be to much and I open mouth which totally screws up the air flow.

This mask only covers my nose. Any input on other types would be of interest. After a month they are supposed to download the info and reprogram if needed

So after using this thing for a little while, here are some observations. It turns on as soon a you start breathing through the nose. It starts off pretty gentle and ramps up the flow over about 20 minutes. I sleep pretty good for a few hours but with the flow running full on it seem to be to much and I open mouth which totally screws up the air flow. This mask only covers my nose. Any input on other types would be of interest. After a month they are supposed to download the info and reprogram if needed
I have the full face mask

Everyone is different. My first mask had a chin strap, which helped with the mouth issue. (but was kind of a pain with the beard) I never did use the ramp feature after the 2nd day. On mine it's an optional button/setting and I just turn it on full and have it set to do that if I put the mask on and start breathing to fire it up.

The current mask is nose tips only, no chin strap, just head harness. They make a lot of different masks. Talk to the Doc and they will get you a mask that has a soft gel interface to seal around your nose and mouth. They will seal with a beard, but wear out in 6 months or so due to the gel hardening and the mask no longer sealing. I replace the nose piece maybe once a year. Usually the soft silicone tears at some point and leaks air.