sleep

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mask is pretty good but it seems the air flow needs to be dialed back a bit. I've been working on getting the humidifier set where I like it. I think I will make friends with it and it's small enough to travel with. The back pain after about 4 hours still sends me to the recliner but the sleep doc says 4 hours is OK.

Keep at it Ray, we lost a guy here at work because he wouldn't use his. A lack of air to the hart I was told.

I had to go to a Bi-Pap so I could exhale.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 month follow up. It took a bit to get used to the mask but after that things seemed OK. I don't sleep any longer because back pain wakes me up after 4-5 hours but I think I sleep better for those hours. I went back to the clinic for the follow up and they downloaded the settings and messed around with it. That night I found that they screwed up the settings and there was to much volume so I was constantly waking up. I tried to sleep without it and was miserable. They reset it yesterday and last night was very good.

I didn't realize just how much it helped until I was without it for a night so if you are thinking about it or your doctor recommends it at least give it a try. Seems to have helped me and Patti says she sleeps better without listening to me. Now if she could get me to shut up while awake life would be good.
smile.png

Glad to hear its working out for you Ray. Now if they could just fix the back pain! I suspect you will have some long term side effects that are positive changes in your life. Right now, just getting solid sleep again and really understanding just how bad the sleep quality was prior to the CPAP is huge.

Best wishes for the new year for you and Patti.

Glad to see you have adjusted to your CPAP these little machines are a huge game changer's in the quality& length of the user's life, I have used one for better than 20 years and probably wouldn't be here without one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been 2 weeks with a new cpap. I had tried twice over the last 7 or 8 years and no success. Switched providers, got a full face mask instead of the nose pillows and have to say, finally success. These new machines that auto adjust and can be ramped up are much better. Feels great to wake up refreshed and ready to go, at least for the first few minutes anyway. :)

Glad to hear its working out for you Ray. Now if they could just fix the back pain! I suspect you will have some long term side effects that are positive changes in your life. Right now, just getting solid sleep again and really understanding just how bad the sleep quality was prior to the CPAP is huge.
Best wishes for the new year for you and Patti.
I know the back or at least most of it can be fixed. The Problem is paying for it. I am still trying to get the VA to cooperate and may be making a little progress. Other wise it's Medicare but that only pays 80% and I can't afford the supplemental insurance to go along with it. Medicade doesn't work cause my disability is just enough not to be poor and the rest is to political to get into here.

Ray, here are a couple links that might be useful to you. A clinical manual for your machine would enable you to make changes to pressure settings without having to physically take the machine back to the provider. The Sleepyhead software lets you visualize how effective therapy is, and you might see some trends that let you make decisions on changing on some settings (assuming you have a machine that records data and not a brick). What machine do you have anyway?

Get the latest Sleepyhead software here: https://sleepfiles.com/SH/index.html?TestingVersions
Clinical Manual for machines https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p ... tup-manual