So long

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, this forum is NOT the same as when I first joined. I am rarely on here anymore and just go on as habit I guess, but it has evolved into something that isn't worth a whole lot of my time anymore. There's not enough "real" motorcycle people anymore. There was a saying that we used to describe HD riders back in the day that can now be used to describe a lot of new FJR riders. "It takes more than 15 miles and 15K to be a biker" There was a time when discussing "trailering" your FJR was met with real distain, now it would generate several pages on what trailer to buy. It's not about riding anymore, it's about what gear to buy, which helmet is the new darling to own, it's about everything except what it started out to be, a place for real moto nuts to get together and share their love of riding

If people want to stop visiting the forum (for one reason or another), no problem. Just go and be done with it instead of being a drama queen. (No need to roll hand grenades under the door on the way out.) Some people still derive value from the forum in terms of technical assistance, personal relationships and information on FJR events. I hope the people who are so vocal in their departure can respect the fact that not everyone shares your opinions or attitudes.

Cheers!

And FWIW, this isn't a "peep" problem. Butthurt? You really are clueless. Blaming the victim here totally misses the mark.
Impressive. So many words, so little info. ...and again, the majority here stay clueless as to the "issue", real or perceived, since it seems to be "top secret". smh.

rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This whole thing is getting depressing. I feel the need to get us back on track.

In that spirit, I'm about to go fill my crankcase with car oil and my radiator with dexcool. I will additionally put a car tire on the back and refuse to put in stabil before thus winter.

And also, shinkos are way better than Michelin.

Cmon, back to our roots! Let's all have a good cry.

I told you I was clueless and still have no idea what this thread is about, just wanted to add some observations about people, the internet forum world and many years of experience related to the above.

I hope it's nothing world changing, if anyone here is having major issues of any kind I send good thoughts and prayers. If you need a trailer or some cash let me know.

Occasionally a forum's continued existence becomes

dependent on the clueless remaining....clueless.

In this case, a few wolves have moved on and the

sheepdogs are resting quietly.

This thread has received more attention than it deserved.

Occasionally a forum's continued existence becomes dependent on the clueless remaining....clueless.

In this case, a few wolves have moved on and the

sheepdogs are resting quietly.

This thread has received more attention than it deserved.
Wolves??!! Marty, Bob and Gramps are "wolves?" Marty and Bob have contributed more to the populace of this Forum in both information and action than you will ever dream of. Rather than sit around and take from everyone, they instead have great knkwledge of this platform and have done shit tons of work to ensure people have had great times at numerous meets. All without EVER asking for anything in return.

Gramps has been here as long as I can remember, and is well respected. Unlike me, I don't think I have ever seen him tell anyone to get bent. Even when they deserve it, and he also has great input.

So, when it's all said and done, I'd rather see 10 of you leave than the three of them. Kind of the "better to go down the river with 7 studs than 100 shitheads" theory.

I think you're reading way too much into my post.

It was never intended to be derogatory.

I was trying to indicate that in times of conflict

it is sometimes better to just walk away.

I'm trying hard not to take sides or pass judgement.

Sometimes that's difficult when it involves people

close to us.

This thread is not much fun anymore. Those who know won't say. Those who wish they knew are getting weary of asking. Somebody please come out and say it !!

No secrets...I'm pretty sure that Bob (intech) has just grown tired of the forums (all of them), he still enjoys riding his FJR. He is still active on facebook, if anyone cares to contact him. He made a decision to leave the forums, and that's okay with me. We will continue our friendship outside of the forums, and he will continue to be a part of as many FJR events as he can. So, no secrets as to why he left...He just left.

No secrets...I'm pretty sure that Bob (intech) has just grown tired of the forums (all of them), he still enjoys riding his FJR. He is still active on facebook, if anyone cares to contact him. He made a decision to leave the forums, and that's okay with me. We will continue our friendship outside of the forums, and he will continue to be a part of as many FJR events as he can. So, no secrets as to why he left...He just left.
Really??
no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This whole thing is getting depressing. I feel the need to get us back on track.
In that spirit, I'm about to go fill my crankcase with car oil and my radiator with dexcool. I will additionally put a car tire on the back and refuse to put in stabil before thus winter.

And also, shinkos are way better than Michelin.

Cmon, back to our roots! Let's all have a good cry.
+1 on Shimkos being better Michelins.

Three pages about Bob leaving the forum.... I have to say that I will miss him and I do not completely understand his leaving, but we are all capable of making our own decisions. I have tapered off a lot in my participation over the years. I think the novelty has finally worn off for me after more than ten years of internet fora and years of usenet news groups before that. I still read the FJR fora every day and post quite a bit, though it is a lot less than in the past. I enjoy reading posts from my friends and the technical information about other people's experience with issues and enhancements to the FJR are still interesting.

For those of you who don't understand, there are two very active fora about FJRs. There is at least one other that is virtually dead and maybe others that I am not aware of. I could post the url's here, but they are easily found on Google, so I won't do that. Of the two active ones, one is tightly moderated, and the other less so. At times the moderation gets into personalities and personal conflicts always end up in the moderators favor, since that is the purview and privilege of a moderator.

I don't believe this is about Bob leaving the forum, it's about a larger number of seasoned forum members leaving the forum. I think Bob posted his goodbye, while others left. Obviously something happened to suddenly drive VERY active members away all at the same time. I guess most of us are clueless, but those that left were top notch people, so obviously something happened behind the scenes.

I'm thankful for Bob's posts. He's right up the road from me, and if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have met the Canadians or FJR Pittsburg, all nice, helpful people.

Sorry to see you go Bob, hope our paths cross again some time.